Army Knee Injury Pending MEB Physician Consult - FT Campbell

Discussion in 'Orthopedic Injuries' started by SAlbright, Nov 3, 2011.

1. SAlbright

SAlbright PEB Forum Regular Member

Hello,

I am happy I found these forums! Okay little history on my injury...

I hurt my knee in Basic Training in 2008, finished basic training, then went to AIT in APG....knee still bothered me and was told it was just runners knee from an exam at sick call.

I graduate AIT and then goto S. Korea for two years, now for the first year my knee was killing me and I was going to sick call being put on profile and taken off profile for an entire year. Finally after a year the PA sends me to ortho, who recommends an MRI. MRI shows I had a torn ACL...did the surgery on July 9, 2010...had a cadavar graph...one year later knee pain has never stopped. I went to the doctor now on Ft. Campbell who diagnosed runners knee....but I havent ran since my surgery...I have tried but my knee gives out and I fall. Another 6 months of profiles and they send me to Ortho...Ortho recommends physical therapy...after 3 months of PT the PT Doc sends me for an MRI...shows I have tears in my meniscous...get sent back to ortho...Ortho does their little tests and it causes pretty intense pain...they look at the MRI and says there is nothing wrong with me...now the PT Doctor didnt read the MRI a person who apparently reads these things for a living saw the torn meniscous in 2 spots....but the ORTHO doc said their wrong. Ortho recommends 1 of 2 things either MEB/PEB or they stick a camera in me to explore...I refuse the camera exploration.

Goto my PA submits MEB packet on October 18, 2011 and tells me it will take 4-8 weeks to see an MEB physician...long time huh?

Now I have my knee injury with a past surgery...and "tears in my meniscous"

I have tendinitous in my left hip (opposite of the injured knee) and my right shoulder, I am waiting to see the PA again to get a test for carpeltunnels in both wrists...

My question is what is taking so long to see a MEB Physician...and how will the va rate my knee injury with one person saying its torn and one saying its not.....this process has me just stressin out as I have a wife and a 3 month old child....Thanks again for the help and advice!
  2. michael.lee.burbank

michael.lee.burbank New Member

Hey brother I just signed my rating for a knee problem. I am also on Ft campbell and I will say the timeliness with this program is hit or miss. My PEBLO told me while signing my ratings that they just took on 400 new cases and only have 3 MEB docs. Be prepared for a long wait but it is worth it in the end. The docs for me just sent me to ortho and he said i was a no go for surgery then off to the meb for me. You really need to stay proactive in this program to get through. If you need any help let me know, my orders should be here soon but in the meantime let me know
  3. SAlbright

Hey dude thanks for the reply! I would love a # to call to see if they recieved my packet...whats taking so long....i just like to be informed by the people themselves..thanks again and congrats on getting done!
  4. SAlbright

also whats wrong with your knee? and what kind of rating did you get if you dont mind me asking...
  5. SAlbright

Anyone have any input?
  6. Jason Perry

Jason Perry Site Founder Staff Member PEB Forum Veteran

As far as length of time to see a MEB physician, all I can say is that it is common to take a long time, it is not supposed to take that long, and they are understaffed.

As for how they rate your condition, the answer depends on how your condition matches up to the rating criteria. It will likely be based on loss of range of motion or stability of the joint. Would need to know the examination results to know more.

I hope it all goes well for you. Best of luck!