1. brandon thrasher

brandon thrasher New Member

Does anyone know how long it takes to type up the DA Form 199? is this the last action before i get my notification? Thanks for any Help.
  2. Wishing Well

Wishing Well PEB Forum Veteran

I am in the same phase as you are. From reading the memorandum for the IDES process the PEB phase alltogether takes up to 120 days from the time they receive your MEB from your PEBLO. However, the IPEB phase should only take up to 65 days to complete including time for D-RAS to finish rating decisions and reconsidered proposed rating decisions to the PEB. The initial proposed rating stage (according to the memo) takes no more than 15 days. The extra days of the 120 I believe is the rating reconsideration and the FPEB.

Now this timeline is for active duty only and rememeber that this is just a guideline to follow not regulation. Just to give you some info on my case:

MEB was sent to the PEB on 3 July 2012
    PEB found me unfit 27 July
    Ratings done 3 Aug
    DA 199 in "typing phase" since 10 Aug
    DA 199 Still waiting????

I only have 3 conditions total, but that could or could not mean anything. My packet went to Fort Lewis-McCord in Washington. They seem to be moving slowly up there for some odd reason. So I should be receiving mine next week according to the 65 day rule of the "guided" timeline.

Hope this gives you some insight. How long have you been in the "typing phase"?
  3. brandon thrasher

brandon thrasher New Member

in the typing phase since 20 Sep 12
    mine is in lewis as well so I should be right behind you. Thanks for the info
  4. Miller+5000

Miller+5000 New Member

Where are you guys getting your information. Is there a website that I don't have. I keep checking with my almost non-existant PEBLO, and last word I got is that my package was sent to the VA for ratings on 4 Sept. I haven't heard word since. Any advice?
  5. joelf

joelf PEB Forum Veteran

www.eBenefits.va.gov is somewhat useful as far as tracking your claim while it's at the VA
  6. eagleone

eagleone PEB Forum Veteran

If you are at JBLM, the PEB is estimating that a file that is just starting the "typing phase" will now take six weeks. My file (seven claims) was listed as starting the "typing phase" on 15 Aug, and I received my 199 today. They didn't think that fewer claimed injuries would speed up the typing of the 199. First-in, first-out.
    Delao likes this.