DVT, Lifetime COUMADIN (Warfarin) ... Questions on rating and input

Discussion in 'Conditions and Ratings' started by Petey, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Petey

Petey PEB Forum Regular Member

For anyone following this thread..

I met with my PEBLO and VA case manager on the 26th to discuss my findings. ended up with DOD 40%/VA 40% and signed the papers. Now I'm just waiting on orders then out in 20 days on terminal!

heres my timeline:
    2/17/2012 - Claim started and submitted
    3/22/2012 - sent to AFPC (now this is the point where they find you unfit. "if they havent contacted you for 8 weeks, then most likely you will be found unfit")
    5/16/2012 - Found UNFIT (my birthday, ironic huh?)
    5/21/2012 - VA received claim
    6/6/2012 - VA ebenefits.com said "Appeal is Possible- Decision notification sent"
    7/16/2012 - Peblo receives findings
    7/26/2012 - signed away on findings

now i just have my exit brief with the VA case manager today, 7/30. should be about 2 weeks to receive orders to get out.

cheers

2. diablos30

diablos30 PEB Forum Veteran

congrats and good luck. i just finished my terminal leave on the 28th, so now the wait for my severance and va disability begins.

3. Petey

thanks diablos

how long did it take to get your orders after you signed?

and yea hopefully with the new IDES youll actually get paid next month. let me know if ya do!

4. diablos30

it was only a week or two. what really sucked was the waiting time from orders to the start of terminal.

5. Petey

Really? Why's that? After u get ur orders did ur 20 days start immediately? And I'd they let u take the 20 days permissive? Supposedly after my 20 outprocessing days I'm doing the permissive and terminal and driving home asap

6. diablos30

you have to count back from your dos on your orders with the amount of terminal and permissive you have.

so i got my orders in march and had enough leave to be on terminal in april until my dos. if not your stuck at work twiddling your thumbs.