Infuriated!!! DR. George of the MARION VA is an ASS!!! need advice ASAP!

Discussion in 'Veterans Affairs, SSDI, and other Benefits' started by Roxyewp, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Roxyewp

Roxyewp PEB Forum Regular Member

My husband had a pain management apt. with a Dr. George in the Marion VA pain management clinic. We were well prepared for the apt, and brought along civilian MRI results because the VA refused to give him an MRI after Xrays came back almost normal. During the visit we sought pain treatment for my husbands knees and back, and attempted to have the DR. fill out a report that would help us get a single story apt., for the sake of his safety and comfort. We got lost in the hospital and we had to walk for a prolonged period of time, which caused my husband some deal of discomfort. Instead of being late for the apt. he sat in a wheel chair and wheeled himself into the clinic. When we met with the DR. he immediately judged my husband on this. He refused to sign the report for the single level apartment, and informed my husband that his MRI findings were not severe enough to cause him discomfort. Also he informed him that , " You are only 21, I'm sure you can manage a flight of stairs." Strangely though, the Dr. did order him 2 different medications as a result of his examination. One was anti inflammatory for arthritis and the other was for nerve pain. We brought with us his most recent MRIs which stated that he had degenerative disc disease at L5-S1, a bulging disc at L5, spinal stenosis, and facet hypertrophy which is consistent with arthritic changes. Dr. George put in my husbands progress notes, his interpretation of my husband's MRI.

DR GEORGE is not a RADIOLOGIST, He is an ANESTHESIOLOGIST, and has NO! NO! NO! business attempting to read imaging, because he is not trained to do so. However, Dr. George put in his opinion and contraindicated the spinal stenosis, and the bulging disc. He treated my husband with disrespect, and lack of compassion. He was impatient, and did close to nothing to manage the pain. I am angry for many reasons, some of which I have already listed above. Shortly after this "pain management consult," my husband became very depressed, and had some bouts where he was considered high risk for suicide. Dr. George's progress notes are so full of judgement. When Dr. George says, he left the clinic with a normal gait, and was seen later in a wheel chair, that is true. What he fails to mention, is that my husband had been having apt. all over the hospital, and needs periods of rest when he is up and about for prolonged periods of time because of increasing pain.

Does the VA have a formal complaint process? Can I get this whole apt. "amended," from his health record? I am a nurse, and there are so many things in this guys report that are untrue and unethical. What should I do? What would you do? Do I have to include this report with my husbands VA SC disability claim The report does have some good things that would support his claim, but I feel he has PLENTY of evidence without this guys judgmental worthless 2 cents. i can't believe the VA would keep a guy with his track record. He repeatedly has done disservice to our country's veteran's. Every time I hear somebody's horror story of him I cringe. I want the guy gone!
  2. Roxyewp

One of my biggest concerns... Do we have to include this in our VA SC disability claim? Or, can we pick and choose what to submit, and what not to submits?
  3. xeno

xeno Staff Member PEB Forum Veteran

I would stop by patent affairs at the facility. If that does not resolve the issue, then talk to the hospital commander.

BTW not sure what your tlaking about when you state that you submit documentation. The VA generates there own documentation through C&P exams.
  4. Roxyewp

Okay, so the VA will pull what they want from the VA records then? Didn't realize that. With all the civilian records we are pulling different pieces from here and there. Didn't know that all VA records are automatically incorporated in a claim. I have written a 7 page letter, and I will be submitting it to several "big wiggs," around the hospital as well as the hospitals accrediting body, " JCAHO." I hope this gets there attention!
  5. joshgo

joshgo PEB Forum Veteran

When you submit your claim you include a release of information. This allows them to pull your records.
  6. eps1717

eps1717 PEB Forum Regular Member

I think Roxyewp is out of control and needs to take a step back and a deep breath.