IPEB results

Discussion in 'Spine and Back' started by hotrod304, May 1, 2012.

1. hotrod304

hotrod304 PEB Forum Regular Member

Hello all, once again great website on useful information. I received my IPEB decision and they are trying to give me 20% with severance and the VA is giving zero. I have a MRI report from the doc saying I have multiple issues that was not included in the claim so I am going to try and fight it at the formal board. The weird part is at the time of the MEB start they said they are only going for my back, but when I reviewed the report from the VA it said I was listed for my shoulder, back and leg issues due to the sciatica. When I was evaluated by QTC? They only reviewed my back and nothing else, so seems like I am already fighting an uphill battle. I have been diagnosed PTSD along with some other past injuries so hopefully I am not discharged from the service, no paycheck and disabled due to the back stiffness/pain. Anyways I will keep everyone posted on the formal hearing.

Oct 13 MEB initiated
    Nov QTC/VA exams
    Dec package sent to Informal board
    1 May Informal board results 20% W/severance
    Within next few days sending package off to Formal board
  2. EODTam

EODTam New Member

My timeline is around the same as yours i recently received my findings unofficially and I also got 20% DOD but the VA gave me 100%. I'm starting to think the DOD just gave everybody a blanketed 20% in hopes people are just tired of fighting and accept it.
  3. ranger2992

ranger2992 Super Moderator Staff Member

All the conditions from your VA exam are listed and rated by the VA. As far as the DOD rating, only conditions that prevent you from doing your job get rated by the PEB. What this usually means is condition that are P3 profile get rated by your service. Everything else falls to VA.

In my case my QTC exams generated 8 rated conditions. DDD and Sciatica were the only items that the PEB gave me %'s for. I got 30% army and 60% VA. The 5 things the VA rated me for were conditions that by them self, would not prevent me from doing my job.
  4. OverqualifiedNavy

OverqualifiedNavy PEB Forum Regular Member

5. hotrod304

hotrod304 PEB Forum Regular Member

Well I got my FPEB date and orders for 6 June to 13 June. My lawyer says I have a case and my PTSD should be considered at least, the problem even though I have been diagnosed is Proving my PTSD is unfitting. The biggest problem be says military wide is proving it's unfitting, I mean it does affect my life severly, seeing dead bodies, explosions, wiggin out etc. I will update more when I hear...
  6. Mississippi

Mississippi Member

what were the ratings for DDD and sciatica? we're they rated together or seperate?