limdu orders

Discussion in 'Profiles, Duty Limiting Conditions, and LIMDU' started by SW_WARRIOR, Mar 25, 2009.

1. SW_WARRIOR

SW_WARRIOR New Member

ok i am en en3(sw), i am about to come off limdu, they found me fit for duty after a year and surgery, my question is am i able to pick orders overseas, i want to go to bahrain or va, but everyone tells me highly unlikely because i am on limdu, i am up for orders after all my paperwork is done and i am worldwide deployable. the detailer says i will be put somewhere here in wa state, don't really want to stay here.what are my options? also i was told that the navy will not pay for my wife to go back to nc if i am able to get orders to bahrain? that i will have to pay for it or she will have to stay here? any help is appreciated thanks.

2. xeno

xeno Staff Member PEB Forum Veteran

I think once your limitation are lifted and are reflected as such in your records,, you should be available like anyone else.

The only way they move a spouse, is if you have a follow-on assignment (they give her/you) the option to go to next base or stay.

3. bruce egolf

bruce egolf PEB Forum Regular Member

EN3 THIS EN1 EGOLF and i just went through this process last year and am about to go through it again for another reason. when your account code changes back to worldwide assignable and fit for full duty. you will call your detailer and he will give you orders that are priority or hot orders. these are the only orders you will get and there is no negotation. he has to give you orders immediatly only what is available. i got stuck with afghanistan ecrc in san diego,ca and my family was in florida. i know it sucks and i wish you best of luck ,maybe your luck will be better. i can only tell you to watch carefully the jass orders and when you call you better be ready to get those orders that are listed in the red hot fill zone.

4. Nate4

Nate4 New Member

Any questions regarding Limited Duty should be directed to Navy Personnel Command (PERS-835). Contact 901-874-3230.

5. batcheej

batcheej PEB Forum Veteran

SW-Warrior,
    Glad to here that you are being found fit for full duty and are world wide assignable. Did your PCM state that you still have restrictions even though you are fit for duty? Have you done a suitability screening yet? These are important questions because although you may be fit you must also be suitable for a duty type be it on a ship, overseas etc. Also as far as orders as others have posted yes you do not have much negotiation power with the detailer but where are you at in your sea / shore rotation? And whether or not your dependents can come with you or the Navy will pay for them to move depends on whether the billet you are going to fill is accompanied or unaccompanied.