MEB for fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Physical Evaluation Board System Overview' started by kachadam, Aug 28, 2008.

1. kachadam

kachadam New Member

Hi all, I just found out today that I am being referred to MEB for low back pain and fibromyalgia. Can anyone give me suggestions as to what I need to do next? Does this condition warrant me 30%? I am already receiving 20% disablitity comp for low back pain from the VA. Should I just expect to be put out the Reserves and retired? Any help or info is greatly apprecaited. thanks in advance!
  2. christiansaint

christiansaint PEB Forum Regular Member

I'm waiting to find out on 18sept08 to see what the doctor says. my current civilian dr. says i have chronic pain syndrome. i would strongly suggest that you get on togetherweserved.com and posts a blog in the sickbay forum to find out more. you need to be 30% from the navy to get retirement from them other than that, the VA is a game that you may need to contact the DAV for help. keep up the fight
  3. Jason Perry

Jason Perry Site Founder Staff Member PEB Forum Veteran

kachdam,

Welcome, glad to have you here!

To get oriented, look over the Guide to PEBFORUM (link in my signature).

Those are two separate conditions, which if unfitting, could get you anything from no rating to full medical retirement. It really depends on the degree of you limitations and how you are rated by the VASRD criteria.