My PEB Timeline

Discussion in 'Navy Case Timelines' started by birchtx, Mar 16, 2012.

1. birchtx

birchtx PEB Forum Veteran

Thanks for the reply! At first, I thought that my package was lost, but after I got an update on Tuesday, I can say that it is moving. The part that takes the longest is the actually writing of your rating narraitve (especially if you have a lot of referred and claimed conditions), which is that thick packet/envolope. I bet you will certainly hear something within the next couple of weeks, if not by the end of next - from the VA.

2. DevilDoc

DevilDoc PEB Forum Veteran

My rebuttal package should be getting finished by tomorrow from a DAV national service officer. Hopefully it gets done by the morning so we can send it to DC if not Monday morning. He says I got a good case to get that retirement. But I won't get my hopes up too early.

3. birchtx

I think you do too if you add all those addendums. The DAV are a bunch of really good people and great to have on your side. I really hope it goes well!

4. DevilDoc

My rebuttal package was sent today, so another wait period of a couple more months. This blows!

5. birchtx

That does suck... If it was done right in the first place, then you wouldn't be going through this.

6. birchtx

I hope and pray that I get my results in tomorrow... They were sent form the VA in RI last Tuesday, so I should be hearing something form the PEBLO tomorrow or Wednesday. I can only hope!

7. DevilDoc

Has AOC called you yet?

8. birchtx

He called today and told me he has my proposed ratings, but no findings yet. I don't know what's taking so long.

9. birchtx

This is agonizing...

10. DevilDoc

Umyfmmg
    It really is agonizing. If I didnt have a family, I would've gave up already and done everything after separation. The waiting and not knowing anything is what really gets me. Did he give you a timeline about the findings?

11. cami09

cami09 PEB Forum Veteran

I know how you feel. I stopped by AOC's office at lunch today and he said he hasn't heard anything on my findings yet... VA was done with the rating 6 April and they claim to have mailed it out that day so basically I have no idea where it is at. The PEB has not received it yet. I am wondering if my VA package got lost :(

12. DevilDoc

It's probably at a secondary VARO for regulatory or procedural review.

13. birchtx

The same thing happened to mine... The Cleveland office mailed it back to RI and they had to write the narrative and a second review. Mine was done on 4 April and completed by the RI office on 24 Apr, so your package should be done any day now and sent back to the PEB. I hope you get something soon. This is getting unbearable.

14. birchtx

It is... I sent my family back to Texas in preparation for the transition, and I have already accepted a job offer but I have to start by 21 May. That doesn't look like that going to happen. It's a great job with good pay, but they are not going to hold it forever. So, I sit here waiting. I'm mad at the process, I just wish there was more transparency.

He told me it could take up to two weeks, but they should be in by Friday. So, we'll see. If we didn't have a supportive MEB/PEB crew, I would go absolutely crazy.

15. birchtx

It's 10:50 AM Hawaiian Standard Time on 02 May 2012, and still no results... I don't know how much more of this is I can take.

16. DevilDoc

Did you send HHG as well or just family?

17. birchtx

No, just the family. The HHGs are in storage costing me over $400 a month.

18. DevilDoc

I might send my family back to California early as well. My wife wants to enroll in college to fall semester.

19. birchtx

Well, it's been two weeks since I found out that my VA ratings were sent back to the PEB and I still do not have any results. Tomorrow will be day 54 since the PEB determined I was unfit. So, I am hoping I hear something tomorrow.

20. ajw

ajw PEB Forum Veteran

I am in the same boat...waiting for ratings...peblo and VA rep received my proposed rating on the 30th of April and I was told I would hear back by the end of this week for findings...really hoping we both hear something this week!