New to the MEB process any thoughts of what I might be entitled to.

Discussion in 'Medical Evaluation Board' started by mpmaza2id, Jun 13, 2012.

1. mpmaza2id

mpmaza2id PEB Forum Veteran

I have been in the Army for alittle over 10 years. I have had back problems from a bad jump since 2004 and a bad shoulder from trying to arrest a drunk soldier in 2006. I went to the ER about 2 months ago and after a couple of mri's they said i have two bulging discs in my lower back and a inpingment in my shoulder. Also they found moderate to severe arthritus through out my spine and spinal stenosis. I also had blood work done and had a positive blood test and symptoms for lupus. This all has come up at the same time and was wondering if anybody had some insight on to what i might expect to happen when they start the meb in the next couple of weeks. Thanks

2. hawkdrivermtp

hawkdrivermtp PEB Forum Veteran

Be prepared to have your patience seriously tested. This process is long and if you read through the forums, a lot of us have put up timelines so you can get an idea of what awaits you. Ensure all your medical issues are documented, no matter how silly you might think it is. For back and most joint issues, you are rated based on your range of motion (ROM), so do your research and ask questions before you go to your C&P exams. When you do your ROM for your back, you will begin standing straight up and then asked to bend forward. Stop when you feel pain. Do not push yourself. I have also head not to take your pain meds that day, so you will have a better of idea of when to stop. Do a search for the VASRD on this forum. This breaks down all the conditions you can be rated on and how much of a percentage each is worth. Take your time and read up on this forum and you will be surprised what you will learn. I became a member before my MEB began because I knew I was headed down that path. I wish I would have read a little more before I went to my C&P exams so now I have to wait for my VA exit interview to file additional claims. Good luck and ask questions! Everyone is here to help each other out!

klamsnacks likes this.
  3. klamsnacks

klamsnacks PEB Forum Veteran

Couldn't have said it better myself. Document, document, document, EVERYTHING!! I'll add, get access to a scanner/copier if you don't already have one. This will aid in documenting all your stuff. Also jot down a fax number for later use if ever you need the VA to fax you stuff it's handy to have. As you have a computer, Microsoft Office may be a good purchase since your DoD you can get it for $20 or less through the Employee purchase benefit Microsoft offers. Good luck and be patient, welcome to the boards.

v/r
    Klam

4. hawkdrivermtp

hawkdrivermtp PEB Forum Veteran

Is Microsoft even offering that anymore? Last time I cked they weren't. If so, maybe provide a link.

5. mpmaza2id

mpmaza2id PEB Forum Veteran

Thanks for all the replys. I have allready learned alot from this board and i am hoping it will help guide me thru the process.