No separation pay for failed PFT?

Discussion in 'Separations for Failure to Meet Standards (PT, Bod' started by tracy2014, Sep 2, 2011.

1. tracy2014

tracy2014 PEB Forum Veteran

I'm not very knowledgeable about anyone in that position but I thank you from the bottom of my heart, that you would attempt to let someone know about this. I really feel like this information has been hidden by our command and IF maybe other people heard of this then they might be able to help us. Or even extend our sep date. I mean, seriously, who can move and find a job and complete TAP in less than 30 days? It's just wrong on all counts.

Thank you so much Mike. I really really appreciate your efforts.

2. maparker

maparker Staff Member PEB Forum Veteran

3. tracy2014

Oh wow! He should roll over in March if I have my calculations right. The retirement date he was given was April 1, 2014....so I am assuming that would make him turn over in March. His prior Marine Corp and Reserve time (prior to being a Navy Chap) makes his LES say 21 but I know that does not apply toward his retirement date.

4. tracy2014

I'm not sure that any one can stop this but I know we would even appreciate a 60 - 90 day notice as to transition to the civilian world a little easier than 30 day notice.

5. shaugnmiller

shaugnmiller PEB Forum Veteran

Sounds like the NAVY isn't so dissimilar to the AF "way of business :-(

6. tracy2014

Yep, it's pretty sad isn't it?

It has been a rough 3 months. He ended up getting sep pay because his code was changed to GFT...that means that one of his failed pft's included one not meeting weight requirements.

We just received this DD-214 so we are just now able to start the VA process and get all of his medical issues looked at as far as claiming disabilities. Once he has a rating then we will look in to going to court to have things changed. He should have been medically retired. 17 years 6 months and 17 days of service, been unemployed with no pay since October 1st.

Now that we got the DD-214 we can complete the unemployment process.

Isn't it crazy? No benefits and No unemployment until we got the DD-214 and it takes the lovely Navy 2 and a half months to get it to us. geez!! (ok, vent over)

7. Wade Carr

Wade Carr New Member

Can anyone tell me since I have 19 years 8 months by the end of the PRT cycle which is Dec 15th will I be admin separated for BCA failure? If I fail the BCA it will be my third and I am in a LIMDU status 105. I would have a little less then 90 days left till retirement and I have second fleet reserve message in hand with official reserve date. Really scares me to know because I have gotten injured doing my Navy Job and had to have surgery that they would screw me over with just a stone throw away of time left.

8. Wade Carr

Wade Carr New Member

Hey Mike,
    I am in a 105 status (LIMDU). I have a sacriolitis joint problem caused by my injury onboard the ship and I have had steroid injections in the right and left joint. I am going to a chiropractor within a couple of days and they have already scheduled me for a second set of injections. The end of the fall PFA is December 15th therefore new cycle starts Jan 1. By that time I will have 3 months left in the Navy till retirement. I have recieved my second Fleet Reserve message with an official date of 31 Mar 2013 for retirement date. I failed my last BCA due to injuries and I was even on a limdu status then. Can I get Admin Separated with less then 3 months till retirement. Racking my brain here and it seems that no one can give me a defienite answer. Thanks Wade

9. Jay Johnston

Jay Johnston New Member

Here is important info regarding your problem.

Attached Files: