Personal letter to PEB

Discussion in 'Informal Physical Evaluation Board' started by SGREANBEAN, Jan 28, 2009.

1. joshgo

joshgo PEB Forum Veteran

Glad to hear you got what you deserved, even if you did have to fight for it all the way to the top.

You should also post anything helpful in the downloads section. Your link might get buried on this thread. If you do, let Jason know, last I heard the system wasn't sending him notifications to approve uploads.

2. guardgirlie

guardgirlie New Member

Hi I need a letter as well, and does anyone have a letter the physician wrote concerning diagnosis/treatment etc of cancer or anything else? He was military a very long time ago and needs guidance on how to write it, thanks

3. guardgirlie

guardgirlie New Member

my e-mail is islandgirlfun22002@yahoo.com

4. guardgirlie

guardgirlie New Member

5. michigan0782

michigan0782 PEB Forum Veteran

6. Jared Hyer

Jared Hyer PEB Forum Regular Member

I was also looking for some example letters, could I get copy also? email: jared.hyer@navy.mil

7. SteelRain2012

SteelRain2012 New Member

Letter of support for the peb anyone? im having a hell of a time trying to write one..

8. Warrior644

Warrior644 PEB Forum Veteran

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

9. SGT SILVA

SGT SILVA PEB Forum Veteran

What you mean by have to have a package for MEB?

10. SGT SILVA

SGT SILVA PEB Forum Veteran

what is a personal letter?

11. SWO CHENG

SWO CHENG Member

Greetings. I have been dealing with Crohn's Disease for 10 years while on active duty in the Navy. Have been on miultiple medications and have had surgey once. I am in the middle of the PEB process and have been advised my VA disability attorney to submit a personal impact statement to the President of the PEB. I have 14.5 years in the Navy as a Surface Warfare Officer and would prefer to be found fit for duty. Unfortunately, my symptoms have worsened over the past 18 months and I am now on Humira and 6-mp plus steroids. I was also removed from the ship that I was on while deployed overseas for fear of a flair-up.
    Does anyone have an example of the IDES personal impact statement to the PEB? Although my chances of being found fit are small, I would still like to try. Thank you in advance. Email address: francis.c.axiak@navy.mil, faxiaktx@aol.com

12. Warrior644

Warrior644 PEB Forum Veteran

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, it saddens me to hear the medical challenges that you are currently experiences which may potentially early terminate your military career prior to reaching 20 years of Active Federal Service!

As such, I shall defer your inquiry to @Jason Perry and/or @maparker and/or other PEB Forum members whom may be able to provide the requested information hopefully soon!

With that all said, take care, please continue to get well, and most importantly enjoy life to its fullest extent! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

13. Jason Perry

Jason Perry Benevolent Leader Site Founder Staff Member PEB Forum Veteran

I have no template (each case is different and it really is hard to give "meaningful" templates anyway). In the rare cases where I draft a personal statement, it is for a very specific reason with a specific goal in mind. It sounds like you are somewhat unsure of what direction you want to argue in your case. For that reason, I especially think my comments below apply to you.

A word of caution- I almost always see more harm than good come from "personal statements" to the PEB. The effort is better spent on gathering evidence. I see so many cases where people either inadvertently state something that hurts their case, or they "lock themselves" into a position that they later want to change. I would tread VERY CAREFULLY here.

(Note that the PEB process and related rules are much different than the VA rules as far as such statements go...what works at the VA does not necessarily work- or is not necessarily helpful- with the PEB).

(The vast majority of times when I hear of "personal statements" to the PEB, I cringe. I almost always expect to hear something bad come of it....again, this is a different situation from the VA or, in some cases, from the BCMRs).

darrellbaughn likes this.