Phone meeting with Provider for NARSUM

Discussion in 'Warrior Transition Units/MTF's' started by tinman, Apr 4, 2011.

1. tinman

tinman PEB Forum Regular Member

I just heard back from my tech regarding my appointment with my provider to incorporate the exam results from the VA into the NARSUM. That’s great news.

Now the only appointment i can get with my provider is a phone call 3 1/2 weeks from now.

OK.. if it isn’t important enough for me to come in for a face to face with my provider, then there is NO WAY i should be waiting 3 1/2 weeks for a phone call. This is a prime example of the system going crazy. I've tried getting an explanation from my PEBLO and i get the generic answer of " the docs are back logged".

Who can i get involved to speed this portion up? I find it so unacceptable that i'm waiting that long for a phone call it makes my head spin.
  2. ceilingfan

ceilingfan PEB Forum Regular Member

Tinman,

So is this "phone call" appointment... LOL... sorry that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! Anyway, back to my point. Is this "phone call" appointment with a MEB physician? If it is I would contact your PEBLO's boss (Director of PEBLO's) about all of this. I would go to your case manager as well. Maybe even MEB legal outreach.

You are in the pilot program, right? Just my opinion but a phone conversation is just unacceptable.
  3. gsfowler

gsfowler Super Moderator Staff Member

I just had my NARSUM phone call and it is really not that big of a deal. They go over the VA findings from your QTC evaluations. There is no real talk of percentages or what not. They do inform you of the conditions that you will be rated on.

It takes a few weeks to months for the physician to complete the NARSUM.

In my opinion it is more important for you to just get the paper copies of the evaluations. I go and get all of my records from the VA and my AHLTA notes every two weeks. The AHLTA notes are important because you can see what the Nurse Case Manager is documenting.
  4. firedawg225

firedawg225 PEB Forum Regular Member

If you want a face to face appointment go see the Patient Advocate. I've had to do a few times and got appointments in a few day or week at most. Just tell them you story and see what they can do.