"Preparation for Decision" actual timeframe?

Discussion in 'VA Benefits' started by FeltDispatch, Mar 15, 2012.

1. jpdeters

jpdeters PEB Forum Regular Member

I am now at "Preparation for Notification" :) woo hoo!

2. durabldora

durabldora PEB Forum Regular Member

I've been at Preparation for Decision for MONTHS. Granted, I'm not an IDES or MEB case, but it's still frustrating. I applied over a year ago.

3. b-randon

b-randon PEB Forum Veteran

I've been in the preparation for decision phase since 16 Nov 2011..... It looks loke they're taking their time.... Oh yeah, mine is in winston salem nc. I applied in dec 2010.

4. durabldora

durabldora PEB Forum Regular Member

Mine is being handled here in Hawaii. We're due to leave in a month or two (husband just finished his MEB), and the little bit I'm hoping to get would be a nice bump in our income. I'm just hoping it's done by the time his PDTY and terminal leave are over. I'm not *that* hopeful, though.

5. FeltDispatch

FeltDispatch PEB Forum Regular Member

On Wednesday (01-Aug) my claim went to Pending Decision Approval. Excitedly, I called the VA 800-number. I was told that the e-Benefits website was actually incorrect, that my claim was not pending decision approval, but that the claim was completed and is now in the notification phase. He said the e-Benefits website is very inaccurate. I was told I should receive my envelope within 5 days. A few days later (03-Aug) I noticed that my end date on the e-Benefits website showed an estimated completion date of 06-Aug (5 days after the VA guy said). That'd be tomorrow...

Do you think the VA phone rep is correct? Could I actually be getting my letter tomorrow? I heard from a friend she actually got her direct deposit in the morning, and received her letter in the afternoon. Would be nice, it has only been about 14 months!

6. FeltDispatch

FeltDispatch PEB Forum Regular Member

Today (08-Aug) my claim went to Preparation for Notification. I'm guessing the 5 days I was told on 01-Aug was business days? If so, that would mean I should receive my packet as early as today. I suppose if I do not receive anything by next Monday I'll call the VA 800-number again. At least I am getting close to an answer.

7. fbgpro

fbgpro New Member

Not sure if anyone is still on this forum as the last post was 8 aug 2012. I filed my claim 5/12, on Ebenefits i stayed at gathering evidence for 9 months. Before I finish let me say I have been out of service since 1/96 and my symptoms of TI returned 10/11, I didnt get treatment at a VAMC til 2/12. Back to the story. Reached the point of perparation for decision last week after having to involve Congressmans office due to extreme financial hardship. Very close to being evicted from our house and totally out of options at this point as I cannot work as a Fire Fighter/EMT due to syncope and massive headaches kicking in about the time I enter a burning building.

8. pcwilson97

pcwilson97 New Member

I also see this is an old thread. But like you fbgpro, I filed in 5/12 and my VA claim just hit the "preperation for decision" phase according to ebenefits....