Question about AB8 Benefit Verification Letter

Discussion in 'Veterans Affairs, SSDI, and other Benefits' started by Stebee83, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Stebee83

Stebee83 PEB Forum Veteran

Good Morning,

I have medboarded and out of the Army now, and my finalized ratings on my case are completed according to eBenefits. An AB8 letter has popped up, but everything is completely different from the proposed ratings I was given while in the service earlier this year.

Backstory, originally ETS'ed in 2007 and was awarded a 30% rating, re-enlisted in 2010, seperate injury that year, medboard completed early january, and proposed 80% (old 30% rating added with the new ratings)

Is this documented updated manually, and perhaps is just lagging behind with the backlogs? Or is it a possibility that my 80% proposed VA rating went down to 0% with a payment of 30% with spouse and child?

Thanks again for the help

2. ceilingfan

ceilingfan PEB Forum Veteran

Ebenefits is unreliable. I would maybe call the VA. So, have you been receiving the 30% payment since '07? And has that payment remained the same since separating this last time?

3. Stebee83

My MSC requested an upgrade in the ratings, but I stopped the payments soon as I went back on active duty in 2010, took a little time to stop the payments, but paid it back immediately.

4. ceilingfan

ceilingfan PEB Forum Veteran

As I mentioned before, you could call VA, try to get some clarification. Or just wait for Official Letter to come in mail...

5. Stebee83

Yep figured that would be the only sure fire way to know. Thanks for the quick responses.