Hello My case isn't as severe as other members but I figured I'd ask about it anyway. Before I get into it, please know that I have read numerous pubs and directives to include sep and med retirement manual, chapter 61 and all of the affiliated crap. I have answered most of my questions but still have a few that nothing I can find specifically answers. Background: I am Aircrew for the USMC and was diagnosed with Idiopathic Hypersomnia (IH), which is a complete downer (and complete garbage!). I have been removed from flight status, and pending a second opinion. I know the second opinion will yield the same results as the first so I have come to terms with the fact that I'll never fly again. IH is also a disqualifying diagnoses for the Marine Corps itself...the doc says we may be able to get a waiver...With that said, here come the questions...and I have a lot of them. Questions: Retirement and disability rating-IH is rated at 30%, enough to be medically retired. I also have tinnitus rated at 10%, through the VA's calculations the total comes out to 37 and rounded to 40%. Take a step back. For my retirement pay, formula A is 2.5% times number of years (will be at least 7 by the time we get to this) times retired base pay, thats one option I've heard/read. Formula B is if the PEB rates me at, lets say, 30%, that means I get 30% of my base pay at retirement...OR are they both verified and you are allotted the higher yield of the two? See how this can be confusing? EAS- If for some reason, this board lasts into and passed my EAS, (I will not be eligible to reenlist) SO are they just going to kick me out before I'm rated any sort of disability? Or do I have the security of Med hold until the PEB has made their decision? How long will it last-This, I know some of you will find rather amusing that I ask but, assuming I am placed on the PDRL, will the USMC retirement and VA compensation last until I'm 6 feet under? I understand the VA my fluctuate here and there but I'm refering to a complete and total loss of benefits. Again, I know what retirement is but I CANNOT anywhere read about specific statements regarding the matter. Literature is law and if I don't read it, I don't believe it. I realize I have a long way to go before I have a final decision from the PEB but I don't like surprises. I think we all know and understand how unpredictable the military can be and we've all been caught with our pants down a time or two. Thank you so much in advance for the support!