(this was also posted in the back/spine section, I guess i'm a little freaked out by todays events and i'm trying to get as much info as possible) After a year of crippling back pain, SOMEONE (a really sweet chiropractor at Schofield Barracks) finally decided "Hey lets see if there's a curve!" Came back today with a 32% thoracic curve. I got to see the x-ray, it's pretty scary. I've been looking around the internet to see if this would end up getting me kicked out, and apparently the limit for thoracic curve is 30% + symptomatic (can anyone confirm? i'm both...). I've also read that it's pretty rare that this is compensated, especially give my age and time in service (21, 2 years in october). They could just claim congenital and I'm essentially boned. Though i guess there is hope for my case. I showed absolutely no signs of this prior to enlistment, and my pain didn't start until 4 months after dislocated my shoulder during a high-risk training exercise at air-crew school. Timeline: Oct 7th 2007 - Enlisted Jan 21st 2008 - I'm at Aircrew school, i dislocated my shoulder during training, and i lose my rating. April - I'm rerated to CTN while undergoing physical therapy. May - I begin having back issues. Spasms that cause noticable pain and discomfort. I begin having issues PTing. July 11th - Corry Station "just so happens" to lose my ****ing medical record. I believe their is at least 1 diagnosis of "lumbago" left over. August - The problem has become noticably worse as i report to my command in Hawaii. September - My car is rear-ended at a significant speed (at least 25mph). October - Pain becomes starts to become significantly worse. I begin having to take medication almost daily. OCT-MAY plethora of appointments and physical therapy, and chiropractic at Pearl Harbor. By this time i cannot function (that is to say, sitting in a chair and actually focusing on anything but horrid back pain becomes pretty impossible) on a day-to-day basis without a stupid amount grunt candy. May 2009 - CT Scan of my lumbar reveals a Shmorl's node on my L1 vertebrae. Hooyah Tripler! Back specialist at Tripler states "Yeah that's it. That's causes your pain. Bad news? It aint goin away and you aint get dissability" July 2009 - Tripler Doctor refers me to Schofield Chiro for another round. August 17th 2009 - Chiro has me get a scoliosis x-ray August 20th 2009 - Review of x-ray shows 32% since october no major medical issues have happened, however the pain has become significantly worse to the point where i cannot function on a day-to-day basis without medication, and i can't PT without being medicated heavily. Infact i haven't been to division PT since early this year (jan/feb) The chiropractor has said there is good chance that i'll see great improvement on my pain (which is currently 5-8/10 without medication), and that the curvature most likely won't get worse, but it's not going to get any better either. But at this point, i'm worried i may get kicked out. And with most cases of scoliosis being a congenital issue, i'm curious if all the other problems i've had during service (shoulder, shmorl's node, car accident) will provide a case for overturning the "congenital" thing. Everything seemed to start right after I dislocated my shoulder... I just want to be prepared. Obviously there's always the catch 22. Try to stay in, get screwed on %. Try to get out, get yelled at for malingering. But when it comes down to it, i might not have the option of staying in, so it's like 2/3rd chance of getting kicked out. I would like to stay in if the pain becomes tolerable, I actually enjoy my job and the future it holds for me, but if I don't have that choice... I feel like i need to be compensated. I have had no prior disposition to scoliosis, I dislocate my shoulder, and 1 year later i can barely walk. I have a follow-up with my primary care provider Saturday at 0800, and after that I plan to start talking to JAG, regardless of what he says. I also have a family friend, a lawyer who has worked closely with VA cases for years that i'm going to email, and I may have a very good local lawyer that has experience with military proceedings that i might be able to secure (though i think going with a JAG might be wiser. Unsure at this point.) Can anyone give me some direction?