So if my IPEB goes to Baltimore, does that mean "unfit"?

Discussion in 'Informal Physical Evaluation Board' started by Tony_D, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Tony_D

Tony_D PEB Forum Veteran

So I was just informed by my PEBLO that my package went to Baltimore, but he said they kicked it back because it was missing something from my medical record. I was scheduled for an immediatee appointment where I basically just told the doc my history, and the PEBLO said afterwards it would be sent straight to them. I asked the PEBLO if that means I'm going to be separated because it's in Baltimore(it's my understanding that if you are found fit, the results come straight back to the MTF, they don't go to the VA). He said no, and that he would let me know as soon as he found something out.

Is he wrong? Or lying?

I was also told that if you are found unfit, you get 60 days from the day the PEBLO is notified to separate, is that true? That seems kind of crazy.

2. Slorcoe

Slorcoe PEB Forum Veteran

AS for the going to baltimore all I can say is when the Navy Yard needed the VA ratings then they were finding me unfit.. so if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck its most likely a duck.....

60 yeppers from the day you sign and accept findings..

3. pittpan2005

pittpan2005 PEB Forum Veteran

When the results come back you have a 15 day window to either accept or request FPEB. All you can do is wait and see what IPEB says and go from there. Don't get caught up in the rumors. This could take a lot of time so be patient.

4. maparker

maparker Staff Member PEB Forum Veteran

Sounds like it went back to the VA to get additional information and not for a rating. That may come but it sounds like if the VA had to see you again then that is what it was about; more information needed for the PEB to adjudicate your case.

Mike

5. Tony_D

Tony_D PEB Forum Veteran

Oops, maybe I should clarify. The information they asked for was related to my disability claim, but not the issue that initiated my MEB. Does any of the info from the VA(like for my disability claims), have any bearing on the "unfit/fit" decision?

6. maparker

maparker Staff Member PEB Forum Veteran

Yes, all medical conditions are required to be covered by the MEB with full clinical data. The PEB is required to assess all conditions for their impact on your fitness.