SSDI application....

Discussion in 'Other Benefits' started by michigan0782, Jan 10, 2012.

1. michigan0782

michigan0782 PEB Forum Veteran

To those that have filled out and had their SSDI application approved..

what do I put for question: Are you currently working?

Here is the issue. In march i was taken off of military working dogs because of back issues and about a month later was placed on a no-arm profile for PTSD, anxiety, depression, etc. Well i was moved to an extremley liberal job. In an office basically secluded from everyone. It is me and another person that work in the office. Well, he does 99 percent of the work. By 9 am everyday I am stressed to the max. I only am actually at the office for a couple hours a day. We all know that while your active duty you still have to "work" and can not merley just stop working when awaiting your MEB results. If i was in a civillian job and wasnt forced to be in everyday then i wouldnt go in. I have asked multiple times to be placed on Con leave...to no avail

Also, are there any other benefits that I can apply for? I have ankylosing spondilitis, degenerative disc disease c-spine and l-spine, Tbi and Chronic PTSD...

2. 808svt

808svt PEB Forum Veteran

You have to answer yes. Did you do it on-line? IF so they will send you a packet for additional in and that is where you will include the duties you are no longer to perform due to your illness/injury. I also included a copy of my non-medical assessment from my command a it layed it out very well what my limitations were and had the command endorsement so it was coming from some one other than my self. And of course list all limiting factors.

3. michigan0782

michigan0782 PEB Forum Veteran

Thank yous o much. I was going to include my commanders letter, my profile, my MEB package, my VA exams, and anything else that is pertinent. Thanks again. BTW did you get approved on first go around?