Stressed Out Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'Spine and Back' started by TxBlacksheep, Nov 14, 2012.

1. TxBlacksheep

TxBlacksheep New Member

It has been four months that I have been waiting on my percentages does anyone have any idea how long this should be taking. I was under the impression 90 days or less, but that hasn't been the case. I am stressed because my wife is trying to get hired as a teacher back home and that would be in January we also bought a house, and dont like the idea of leaving it by itself for so long. I mean we knew that when we bought it, but did not want to rent. I have been on ebenefits looking at my status and found out that they had preliminary ratings for me which I had to fight for. They stressed that they werent final, but I just want info on when I can expect to go home. Does anyone know how longer after your preliminary ratings it usually takes for your actual ratings they have been telling me any day for the last six weeks.
  2. ranger2992

ranger2992 Super Moderator Staff Member

Sorry for your stress. We do have to back up for a sec so we can understand everything.

Were are you at in the process? It sounds like you have had you MEB and you had a PEB. Are you at the stage where the PEB sent your packet to the VA and you are waiting to get your 199? You also mentioned you have proposed ratings? If so, you should be near the end. Once the VA rates you, they send your proposed ratings back to your PEB. The PEB is going to then take 2-4 weeks(on average) to adjudicate your board. This is where they look at the VA ratings and accept them. They then will put everything on a 199. Once the 199 is done, they will transmit it to your PEBLO who will call you.

If you agree and sign your 199, it then gets sent to PDA. They will put you on orders. There is no set time on that, but in my case it took 1 week. Some guys on here have waited much longer than that. Once you come down on orders, you work with your personnel group to select your discharge date. Usually you will base that on how much terminal leave you have. In my case, I had 93 days and I had clearing papers within a week of coming down on orders. I think my case went fast.

Your proposed ratings are going to be pretty close. My VA ratings were 60%, but when they were finalized, I ended up at 70%. You will get your final ratings 1-4 months after your terminal leave is up and you have discharged officially from the service. Mine took months.

I hope this answered your questions. If not, ask away and I am sure others will chime in.
    VAJumper likes this.
  3. TxBlacksheep

TxBlacksheep New Member

No thank you, this cleared up a lot I am waiting for my 199 and really hoping that I get it sooner than later.