TRANSPOC list -- wait time?

Discussion in 'Outcomes: Fit, Severance, TDRL, PDRL' started by tonyfromnj, Feb 25, 2013.

1. tonyfromnj

tonyfromnj PEB Forum Regular Member

I was told today that after you get your ratings back you are to wait on this TRANSPOC list for about 3 months before you can get out....is there any truth in this?

I want to IMMEDIATELY get discharged upon receiving my ratings. I'll use the 20 days PTDY, but beyond that I have a job waiting and cannot wait any longer for nonsensical Army stuff that has no rhyme or reason to it.

ANyone know about this?
  2. joelf

joelf Member

I completely understand your frustration. I've read that many people do wait weeks, and sometimes even months to hit the TRANSPOC list. I was fortunate (with a little help from a friend) to hit the list on the 2nd business day after I signed my DA199. Anything can happen.

That being said, like everything else in the Army, you don't get a say on the timeframe. I get that you want out immediately and are likely very frustrated with the pace of the process, but unfortunately, it's not something you can control. Keep calm, finish your time and move out smartly. Thank you for your service!
  3. tonyfromnj

tonyfromnj PEB Forum Regular Member

Pretty hard to be patient, when I have NOTHING to do right now. I have been waiting YEARS to get out since I was injured back in 2010! I requested discharge then and was denied and forced to go through this process. I am losing money every day that they FORCE me to stay in as I cannot earn a healthy paycheck like I can in the "civilian"/real world.
  4. Mike1983

Mike1983 PEB Forum Regular Member

It didn't take long at all for me to hit TRANSPROC. What does take a long time is getting orders from the transition section. Once they get to you, my understanding is that you can make the date whatever you want as long as it gives you enough time to clear and it is within the 90 day window from the date you hit TRANSPROC.