VA C&P Exams finally

Discussion in 'Reserve Component Forum' started by buckstr, Aug 3, 2012.

1. buckstr

buckstr PEB Forum Veteran

I finally got the call today from the VA Hospital in Atlanta to schedule my C&P exams. So far I have 4 appointments over the next 2 weeks. 1-Mental Health , 2-for orthopedic, 3- audio, 4- I think will be for dental. On a side note, does anyone one know what reg stipulates how long orders are supposed to be cut for while going through the IDES process? My CMAS extension are being cut for 30 to 60 days at a time and the extension continually come in late which makes problems with pay and DEERS. This of course just adds to the stress that is already there.
  2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye PEB Forum Regular Member

You may wish to check here: http://www.afrc.af.mil/library/rmg/medical/injury.asp

The AFI's are listed on the right side and you should be able to access them easy enough.

I returned from deployment only to have my injuries ignored by the Medical BIAA for over a year (my orders WERE NOT EXTENDED) and when I confronted her she told me to go to the VA---she was done working my case and could do nothing for me (which to be honest, is exactly what she did, NOTHING). 12 months of profiles later, I decided to retire and 16 days before my approved retirement date, the medics FINALLY initiated LOD which ended up turning into and LOD/MEB. While I could not go to drill or participate, it took until 22 Jun 12 (6 months). AFRPC retired me but the first week of Jul, my medics were "still working it"
  3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye PEB Forum Regular Member

BTW, you are SUPPOSED to be retained on continuous orders, by regulation, until the issue(s) is/are resolved or no further medical intervention can resolve the issue(s) further. GOOD LUCK
  4. PtDraco

PtDraco PEB Forum Veteran

Not sure about the AF, but my orders here at BAMC/WTB are being cut for six months at a time.
  5. buckstr

That was what I was expecting as well. The local PEBLO office informed me that once the board started that my orders would be cut for longer periods of time. My PEBLO in Texas said she had no idea and they had no say in the matter. Thats why I am trying t find where and if it is actually written.
  6. buckstr

I have my first set of C&P exams tomorrow, one for mental health and the other is for ortho. The range of motion test should be interesting because I have to actually drive over 2 hours just to get there and I can't take my pain meds and drive so I will definitely be sore and stiff before the exam even gets started.
  7. buckstr

I have my last 2 C&P exams this week, Pulmonary and dental. I have never had a pulmonary exam before so does anyone have a heads up on what to expect and what to look out for?
    Afterwards the next phase of waiting will begin or should I say continue.