VA disability awards letter

Discussion in 'VA Benefits' started by Liviadus, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Liviadus

Liviadus PEB Forum Veteran

Hello everybody, I just signed my options letter today and I am officially getting medically discharged on 1AUG12. So I have 2 questions. #1 Am I allowed to contact the VA about my Rating while still on AD (need to get my sleep apnea 30% changed to 50% because I now have been issued a CPAP machine which was the stipulation for them to change my rating.)? #2. How long should it be before I receive my Awards letter? I am currently trying to apply for a VA home loan and this is one of the requested documents. Thanks for your time.

2. xeno

xeno Staff Member PEB Forum Veteran

The sooner you get it fixed the better.

3. Mike32

Mike32 PEB Forum Veteran

[​IMG]They can email you the paperwork for the va home loan thats what i had them do for me.

4. NDBravehart84

NDBravehart84 PEB Forum Veteran

Mike I believe they are asking about his disability rating/income..... that's why he wants it correct and current to send in with his VA Home Loan request. ;)

5. green594

green594 PEB Forum Veteran

i requested an increase on one of my conditions back in Feb and i am expecting a decision in July out of Providence. i hope this timeline helps you out.

6. NDBravehart84

Hi Liviadus, You said "I am officially getting medically discharged on 1AUG12". I wouldn't expect your letter any sooner than that.... your still active.
    I would be more concerned that when it arrives it includes all the conditions and increases that your seeking. Xeno's correct..... contact them now.....
    work through the process. Did VA issue you the CPAP machine, if so the required action is probably in the works. GOOD LUCK, Bravehart :D

7. Liviadus

Liviadus PEB Forum Veteran

Thank you all. Yes NDbraveheart I would like a correct and current awarded disability to send in to get the VA home loan. Yes the VA is who ordered the CPAP machine for me the CPAP company said they sent my 1st months results to my physician, My pcm said that she did not receive it so I am assuming that it was actually sent to the VA. I'll give them a call on Monday nobody has answered today. Thank you all again for all the help, I'm so glad I found this site. Thanks green for a timeline it helps alot.

8. NDBravehart84

Great..... Good Luck And Happy Trails :D

9. usafaviator

usafaviator PEB Forum Veteran

One good benefit to remember is that (depending upon your VA rating), you can pull a VA home loan and they will waive the fees. This even applies if you have used the VA home loan program in the past. I plan on refinancing when I get my rating.