VA Findings

Discussion in 'Veterans Affairs, SSDI, and other Benefits' started by jackey6411, May 16, 2012.

1. jackey6411

jackey6411 PEB Forum Veteran

I was medically retired in March 2011 and finally received my VA compensation percentage. I am a little confused in the fact that I was retired with 30% perm for ankle problems, but the VA gave me no rating for that same issue stating that it did not warrent compensation.

Can anyone explain why the AF medically retired me with 30% perm, yet the VA says no compensation is warranted.

2. Justrluk

Justrluk PEB Forum Veteran

You can appeal your VA rating using your AF documents. Obviously, someone at the VA didn't read your documents. Did you get a C&P exam from the VA itself, or was this determined by a records review?

3. jackey6411

jackey6411 PEB Forum Veteran

Yes, I had a C&P examination, they did x-rays and checked my ROM. I was retired because of my ankle and then the VA says that that same problem is not an issue and they don't even rate me on it....I am flabergasted.

4. Justrluk

Justrluk PEB Forum Veteran

Appeal the rating. Provice what you have evidence for and get a private doc to write an IMO (independent medical opinion) for you stating the condition is due to service or secondary to service connected condition for which you are rated.