AFBCMR Decision Received. PDRL. Now what happens?

eps17

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Just reaching out to find out what happens after the AFBCMR renders a decision of PDRL and what is supposed to happen after the decision was rendered.

My decision was rendered in Oct 2015. I was notified one week ago in Dec 2015 of the AFBCMR decision.

Do I need to contact anyone to sign up for TriCare, etc?

Is the AFBCMR supposed to send retirement orders?

I have no idea what is going to happen now or how long it will take.

Just reaching out to find out what happens after the AFBCMR renders a decision of PDRL and what is supposed to happen after the decision was rendered.

My decision was rendered in Oct 2015. I was notified one week ago in Dec 2015 of the AFBCMR decision.

Do I need to contact anyone to sign up for TriCare, etc?

Is the AFBCMR supposed to send retirement orders?

I have no idea what is going to happen now or how long it will take.
I will try and have something concrete for you tomorrow.

Many thanks in advance... Haven't heard a thing yet since the decision I was given a few weeks ago dated back in October over 60 days ago.

Did you try looking on the HRC website to see if there are retirement orders cut?

I was in the Air Force. I'm not sure what HRC is but I'll take a look at it if I can. I pulled my OMPF off of eBenefits and it indicates zero changes along with DEERS.

Yea I might need to give those folks a call... grrr...

I just called them. They have nothing. Thanks for the idea. It baffles my mind that it takes 1 year and 7 months just to process my AFBCMR case and get a decision; on top of the many months I spent getting it prepared, and they decided it in the middle of Oct 2015. You think it would be very easy to just forward a copy of the decision to AFPC to generate some orders and get the ball rolling now that the hardest part is out of the way - but that just isn't the case. And they put a completely incorrect address on my decision letter that doesn't exist and forwarded it to DFAS and who knows what other offices. The only reason I found out about the decision was through a third party; my attorney that they just happened to send a courtesy copy to!

Does anyone know how soon the decision appears on the Boards of Review Reading Rooms website after the decision is made?

Call Charlie O'Connors
AF Wounded Warrior office
210-565-5648

He can help get the ball rolling!

Best wishes
Mike

I'm working with the AFW2 program and they've been very helpful; but damn they are having a tough time reaching out to the AFBCMR to effect a simple correction to my address on the decision they put a typo in...

Has anyone been through the AFBCMR process who received a decision? I'm really in the dark about what is next..

So, I take it that no one has been able to find a good phone number for AFBCMR?

I thought by law they had to be. Although I don't doubt what you say.