Anyone have a current/recent timeframe for CRSC??

Laura

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
My circumstances:

DoD rating = 30% combat related
DoD based on years of service (2.5%x9.83(TIS)x2670(base pay))=$656
VA = 100% combat related
Spouse with 3 children

1. Total amount of DoD disability retirement: $743
2. Minus DoD retirement amount based on years of service: $656
3. Equals DoD "Disability Compensation": $87
4. Amount of VA compensation due for combat related disabilities: $3082
5. Minus DoD "Disability Compensation” (line 3): $87
6. Equals Maximum CRSC amount: $2995

The amount of CRSC due is smaller amount from line 2 and line 6. CRSC = $656

Retirement date/VA rating date: 2009 JUN 23

So per my calculations, I am guessing that I will receive the $656/month and retroactive to June 2009. Does anyone see any issues with this? The ppwk is going out in the morning, so my timeline begins tomorrow.

Does anyone else have a current or recent timeline?

DEAR LAURA:

Don't know how long it's taking, but here's a CRSC calculator you can use to check your figures.

Retired Disability Income Estimator

This calculator only works for those who have LESS than 20 years of creditable service towards retirement, i.e., no 20 year letter.

A Year is 360 days and a Month is 30 days for calculation purposes. Divide by 360 or 30.

It gives you a grand total and then breaks it down as to who pays what amount - MIL/VA/CRSC

CRSC is applied for by the Servicemember through their respective branch of service (CRSC is NOT automatic – you must apply to your branch of service).

For a more detailed read about the CRSC Glitch, see maparkers posting:

DES Outrage # 8: PEB Forum Home - DES Outrage of the Week # 8 - DoD's CRSC Calculation Glitch

v/r,
nwlivewire

Small update....

I called today and they are working on applications rec'd on September 16th. Mine was rec'd on September 21. They said the decision will be made either last week of October or first week of November. The telephone rep stated that since the PEB/FEB findings were combat related that the process would be smoother. I guess we wait!

Dear Laura:

Thanks for keeping us updated!

I have a couple of questions - hope you can answer.

1. Did you have to submit your DD-214 with your application? I'm trying to figure out how soon after findings a person can apply.

2. Let us know how soon you get money in the bank. Hopefully it comes soon for you!

v/r,
nwlivewire

We received an email from our Wounded Warrior Rep today saying that the package is complete and that it is being sent for review(standard process). This review is guesstimated to take 2 weeks.

Essential Documents needed:
  • All available DD 214s/215s
  • All complete Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Rating Decisions/ VA Physician Reports/ VA Medical Records (including the VA letter, the actual VA rating decisions and the VA code sheets).
Highly Recommended Documents:
  • Medical Records
  • Award Certificates and/or narratives
  • Military Medical Treatment Facility Records
  • Military Orders
Suggested Documents
  • Military Physical Examinations
  • Military Retirement Physicals
  • Physical Evaluation Board Proceedings
  • Clinical Records or Notes
  • Sick Slips
  • Western Union Casualty Notification Telegrams
  • Officer Record Brief (ORB)
  • Enlisted Record Brief (ERB)

UPDATE!!!!

Received a letter in the mail today dated October 19, 2011....

Your claim has been APPROVED....TOTAL COMBAT-RELATED DISABILITY: 100%

Payment is effective July 1, 2009.

So the initial application was mailed on September 19, 2011 and the decision was made on October 19, 2011. Not bad.

I will update again when any payment is received!!

WOW!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

One question for clarification, please.

On the 100% CRSC, were you rated 100% by the VA/ Or military?
Or, is it 100% of whatever your military percentage was?
How does that work on how they figure CRSC percentage?

Again, many Congratulations - and Boy, was that ever fast!

v/r,
nwlivewire

I wish I knew how they came to the "CRSC rating".

The VA rating is 100%, ALL combat related. The Military rating is 30%, ALL combat related(as determined through the FEB process). I am hoping that future correspondence will have the method of computation. The wounded warrior rep said that he can see that the CRSC will be effective as of Dec 1, 2011 paycheck. No word yet on backpay...

Laura,

Was this retirement through the PDBR? If so did you need to wait to get a corrected DD214 prior to application for CRSC? Also if it was PDBR can you recall how long it took to get orders/finance info after getting the first PDRL notification.

Thanks for any info

MWJones

PDBR...I wish I knew what that was. Since I don't, I am going to say no. My husband was sent home during a deployment back in 2008 and was med boarded and placed on the TDRL. About 6 months later, he was placed on the PDRL. Is there a way that I can find that out for you? I do know that he had a DD214 and then he was sent a new DD214. His official retirement date is June 23, 2009 and we just now sent the ppwk for CRSC. I do not know why we waited so long except for that we didn't think that he was eligible.

I just asked my husband if his retirement was through the PDBR and he said no....wish I could be of more help!

First CRSC payment was made today!! $608. Still no word on back pay....

Laura,
My CRSC was approved back in 2009, however I never received payment until my VA rating was increased to 100%, which was in Sept 2011. There was no back pay because of the offset between VA & military retirement.

what the time on CRSC it's been 10 months for me

70% mil
70% with IU 100%
11 years mil

how do they calculate CRSC

what the time on CRSC it's been 10 months for me

70% mil
70% with IU 100%
11 years mil

how do they calculate CRSC

I don't know if you're going to get an answer, this thread is 6 years old. You should post your own, probably have more success.