Applying for TDIU will it speed up my MEB?

iraqvet77

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Im applying for VA TDIU and I will probably start MEB next month since Im doing paperwork with my National Guard unit. Whats everyone opinion if my MEB should go faster due to the fact when I file for TDIU and doing a fast claim with the Amvets, she told me that I can have a CP Exam and rating anywhere from 30 days to 120 days. Im assuming the Army will accept these rating during MEB since they will be new ratings and only be couple months old when it comes to that phase of the MEB. So whats everyone opinion?

I don't believe you get to decide whether retirement is temporary or permanent - that falls to the PEB based upon what the MEB exams and narrative summary state. Also, I am not NG, but the MEB/PEB process for Army does not have a "fast claim". The MEB is initated, then they do the C&P's, you get your narrative summary, it goes to the PEB, they decide fitting and unbfitting based upon what does and does not meet retention standards in the MEB. Then it goes to the VA for tatings, then back to the PEB, where they decide TDRL or PDRL, and use the VA ratings for the unfit conditions. Unless the NG process is radically different, that is what it looks like in a nutshell. Ratings can take at least 120 days, sometimes much longer, once it goes to the VA. There really isn't a way to speed up the process. Best of luck, Bob

Bob,

Sorry I shouldve clarified but when I say fast claim is when you file all of your evidence at once to the VA suppose to speed up the process and Im already rated at 80%. So Im figuring that I should have a new rating hopefully within couple of months so that Army should accept the rating from the VA since it will be new ratings , not ratings over a year.

Gotcha.

You fall into a category that some other have posted on before. If memory serves me, there have been cases where they accepted ratings, and others who had to go through all new exams. You might search the threads for more info. I'm sure someone here will point you right.