Approved...timeline and a question

Hmmm... Your loop at least looks like progress. So when I was on the phone on tuesday she eventually put in a ticket for me. I just got a response today and it is as follows:

Ma'am, the disability office does not monitor PDBR cases, we only complete the corrections when directed to by the PDBR. In your case, we have not received anything yet.

For current status of your PDBR case please contact the PDBR office at: 210-565-3256 or you can email them at: PDBRPA [email protected]

V/r
Disability Operation Branch

When I called AFPC I specifically told them my records were being corrected from Med sep to Med retired. I stated I had already submitted my DD2656/SBP election and wanted to know the status of the correction. Purposely left out the PDBR, as being told by them they no longer were involved.

Not sure if you already tried this or not.

When I called AFPC I specifically told them my records were being corrected from Med sep to Med retired. I stated I had already submitted my DD2656/SBP election and wanted to know the status of the correction. Purposely left out the PDBR, as being told by them they no longer were involved.

Not sure if you already tried this or not.

I did :-(

I would keep forwarding the correspondence you get from AFPC to the PDBR.

PDBR Just emailed me stating my orders were mailed on Aug 30th and DD214 mailed on Sept 4th.

Last edited:
Well, Guess what...

Just received an email from the Deputy Director of the PDBR. She stated orders and DD214 have been mailed. I went to ebenefits, logged in and my new DD214 is online! Dont see orders yet.
In eBenefits, was your new DD214 in the DPRIS area or is there somewhere else I should look?

Received letter from the board by mail today. One was explaining the process after we receive our orders/new DD214. It states that the process to change records/DFAS could take several months. The emailed me last Thursday stating my orders were mailed to my home on Aug 30. Still no sign of those.

Included with the letter there was Memorandum directing the Air Force to change our records and our disability rating.

Received letter from the board by mail today. One was explaining the process after we receive our orders/new DD214. It states that the process to change records/DFAS could take several months. The emailed me last Thursday stating my orders were mailed to my home on Aug 30. Still no sign of those.

Included with the letter there was Memorandum directing the Air Force to change our records and our disability rating.
Good Day Perd75,

I got an email from PDBR dated 10/29/2020, today and that's because I inquired about my status. That's 3 months and some days. Still no letter from DFAS or my branch. Can you suggest how long this process will take. I mean this has already taken over 2 years to get to this point.

I have already paid back my severance pay, and I Want to apply for CRSC. I am told that CRDP is automatic. IS that true.

Can you offer any advise or insight.

SSG E

Good Day Perd75,

I got an email from PDBR dated 10/29/2020, today and that's because I inquired about my status. That's 3 months and some days. Still no letter from DFAS or my branch. Can you suggest how long this process will take. I mean this has already taken over 2 years to get to this point.

I have already paid back my severance pay, and I Want to apply for CRSC. I am told that CRDP is automatic. IS that true.

Can you offer any advise or insight.

SSG E
Hello @SSG Cedwards ,

Perhaps I can answer your questions.

1. When a person receives a regular (i.e., 20 year active duty) retirement, CRDP is automatic if they have a VA rating of 50% or more.

2. When a person is eligible for a reserve/NG retirement (which requires an application and 20 good years and meets the age requirement and has a VA rating of 50% or more),
the approved application will trigger CRDP at DFAS.
Note: If the disability retiree also qualifies for a regular retirement (see item 1), CRDP should be automatic.

3. When a person has a CH 61/disability retirement, but also qualifies for another type retirement such as reserve/NG, the "trigger" discussed at item 2 applies if the retiree is otherwise eligible (i.e., at least 50% VA rating and qualifies for retirement other than disability).

4. Most disability retirees do not qualify for CRDP.

5. TERA is not discussed in the post.

6. A collection of CRSC information is at: LINK <----

Ron

@SSG Cedwards, I just posted a new thread stating almost the same thing you did, and was wondering if you had heard anything, or have a point of contact to get some answers? My pdrb letter was signed 10/27/2020 and I just received the letter in the mail as of 02/26/2021 with no communication prior to the arrival of the letter.