BCMR Case question after PDBR

Cambo87

Registered Member
I've been going thru the thread and haven't found any answers to my question, so hope this isn't repetitive. I was recently denied my PDBR which didn't entirely surprise me. When I was in the army I was diagnosed with PTSD. For my PDBR I got 10% for my combat related back injury in Iraq. They left out the PTSD in my medboard process and that's what I was arguing with the PDBR. After reading more about the PDBR, I realize that I should have filed with ABCMR because the PDBR can not add only review to what was in the PEB.

So here is my question. How do I go about asking the ABCMR to review my medical separation in 2008 to turn it into a medical retirement due to the PTSD that was not included in my med board process. I have it very well documented in my military records (While still active duty) that I have a diagnosis of PTSD and then when I got out with the VA. I currently have a %70 for PTSD and 90% total, all combat related. I haven't found anyone who really is willing to help with this process. Most people have no idea what the PDBR is and don't really deal with BCMR's. They just stick with VA disability help. My thing is I want to go about this the correct way so I can close this door and more on with my life. Also, I want to make sure I use the correct jargon and don't fill out the form wrong and loose the case that way.

If this seems like something that is not worth pursuing also, I'd like advice on that. In my denial for the PDBR they specifically said that they confined to PEB and is eligible for BCMR.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've been going thru the thread and haven't found any answers to my question, so hope this isn't repetitive. I was recently denied my PDBR which didn't entirely surprise me. When I was in the army I was diagnosed with PTSD. For my PDBR I got 10% for my combat related back injury in Iraq. They left out the PTSD in my medboard process and that's what I was arguing with the PDBR. After reading more about the PDBR, I realize that I should have filed with ABCMR because the PDBR can not add only review to what was in the PEB. So here is my question. How do I go about asking the ABCMR to review my medical separation in 2008 to turn it into a medical retirement due to the PTSD that was not included in my med board process. I have it very well documented in my military records (While still active duty) that I have a diagnosis of PTSD and then when I got out with the VA. I currently have a %70 for PTSD and 90% total, all combat related. I haven't found anyone who really is willing to help with this process. Most people have no idea what the PDBR is and don't really deal with BCMR's. They just stick with VA disability help. My thing is I want to go about this the correct way so I can close this door and more on with my life. Also, I want to make sure I use the correct jargon and don't fill out the form wrong and loose the case that way. If this seems like something that is not worth pursuing also, I'd like advice on that. In my denial for the PDBR they specifically said that they confined to PEB and is eligible for BCMR. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for the exact information for my husband. Looking for someone to help fill out DD FORM 149 and tell us what else is needed in order to have his PTSD added for a medical discharge.

If I find anything out I will certainly let you know. I'm sure you are well aware that with all the red tape I just want to correctly fill it out with the laws. Hopefully someone can give us some advice.

I've been going thru the thread and haven't found any answers to my question, so hope this isn't repetitive. I was recently denied my PDBR which didn't entirely surprise me. When I was in the army I was diagnosed with PTSD. For my PDBR I got 10% for my combat related back injury in Iraq. They left out the PTSD in my medboard process and that's what I was arguing with the PDBR. After reading more about the PDBR, I realize that I should have filed with ABCMR because the PDBR can not add only review to what was in the PEB.

So here is my question. How do I go about asking the ABCMR to review my medical separation in 2008 to turn it into a medical retirement due to the PTSD that was not included in my med board process. I have it very well documented in my military records (While still active duty) that I have a diagnosis of PTSD and then when I got out with the VA. I currently have a %70 for PTSD and 90% total, all combat related. I haven't found anyone who really is willing to help with this process. Most people have no idea what the PDBR is and don't really deal with BCMR's. They just stick with VA disability help. My thing is I want to go about this the correct way so I can close this door and more on with my life. Also, I want to make sure I use the correct jargon and don't fill out the form wrong and loose the case that way.

If this seems like something that is not worth pursuing also, I'd like advice on that. In my denial for the PDBR they specifically said that they confined to PEB and is eligible for BCMR.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello. I dont actively practice veteran law so if you need help filling out BCMR paperwork, I recommend calling a veterans law attorney or a service organization for assistance. On this thread, I posted my situation which is very similar to your husbands. I was administratively separated from the Air Force for "adjustment disorder" notwithstanding my bi-polar diagnosis. The VA diagnosed me immediately upon separating. I appealed to the AFBCMR and won. The first hurdle you need to overcome is timeliness. I was separated in 2011 and the Air Force has a three year time-limit on filing. You may need to address that. The process, in my opinion, of appealing wasn't all that complicated. I filled out the form, attached a statement explaining exactly what happened, and sent in copies of medical records as well as a release authorization for the Air Force to obtain them if they wished. Make sure you look up time-line requirements and address that right away. See my post for information on how I did mine. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.