Changed from PDRL to TDRL

Hey Everyone,

This is my first time posting here, and I figured the best place to find some answers. I was wondering if anyone can explain to me why I got switched from PDRL to TDRL during the medboard process.

Some overview on my situation:

I was given a rating at 30% for Plantar Fasciitis originally when I first received my 199 Back from the PEB, and put on PDRL.
After I had been given a window of time to make sure this is what I wanted, I sought out the lawyer that works with the PEB to review my case and just make sure that everything looks ok, and that nothing was wrong on my documents. He decided that it was possible for me to increase my rating to 50% based on the medical documentation that I had available. We came to the agreement that if that was the case, then I'd be fine with requesting 50%.
I recently got a call from my peblo informing me that they accepted the 50% rating, but have now moved me to the TDRL list.

I'm wondering if this is almost like a punishment for me contesting my rating? It sounded like now that I've been granted 50% it's only for a short time, and once the time is up my benefits are forfeited or I can be returned to active duty? It makes me concerned because through this process I've realized that certain doctors really contradict the other, and I really valued my doctor I had through this process. Now I could have the chance to get re evaluated by another doctor that doesn't see it the same way, and could really make this hard.

I really appreciate the time anyone could take to review this, and respond. Thanks again.

I got 70% TDRL and went to an FPEB and got 70% PDRL and I wanted a fit finding. By the time I had gotten home they changed it to 70% TDRL again so it's like I never went to the FPEB.

The first time I got reevaluated they lowered my rating to 50% and put me on the PDRL and my condition had gotten worse. They didn't even look at my medical records. But I get concurrent receipt and was only getting paid 50% anyway so I just accepted it and didn't fight it.

You never know what they are going to do. Good luck.

You could ask for a Formal PEB.

You and your lawyer cannot work out some sort of deal for 50%. Neither of you decide the rating. So, no, you are not being punished.

Also, the Formal board can do all things that THolleyH46 said.

Generally, you don't have a review of your case until around 18 months after separating.

You can be ordered to return to active duty, stay the same and/or placed on PDRL, you could also be dropped from the system altogether with nothing if there is no determination/evaluation after 36 months.

While I wish you well, all these things are possible.

Hey Everyone,

This is my first time posting here, and I figured the best place to find some answers. I was wondering if anyone can explain to me why I got switched from PDRL to TDRL during the medboard process.

I was given a rating at 30% for Plantar Fasciitis originally when I first received my 199 Back from the PEB, and put on PDRL.
After I had been given a window of time to make sure this is what I wanted, I sought out the lawyer that works with the PEB to review my case and just make sure that everything looks ok, and that nothing was wrong on my documents. He decided that it was possible for me to increase my rating to 50% based on the medical documentation that I had available. We came to the agreement that if that was the case, then I'd be fine with requesting 50%.
I recently got a call from my peblo informing me that they accepted the 50% rating, but have now moved me to the TDRL list.

I'm wondering if this is almost like a punishment for me contesting my rating? It sounded like now that I've been granted 50% it's only for a short time, and once the time is up my benefits are forfeited or I can be returned to active duty? It makes me concerned because through this process I've realized that certain doctors really contradict the other, and I really valued my doctor I had through this process. Now I could have the chance to get re evaluated by another doctor that doesn't see it the same way, and could really make this hard.

I really appreciate the time anyone could take to review this, and respond. Thanks again.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, never default acceptance to any recommendation/decision while in the DoD IDES process when the medical evidence and/or medical documentation supports/proves otherwise!

As such, it would seem to be in your best interest to invoke all DoD IDES appeal opportunities immediately in order to ensure a potentially favorable outcome; I speak from a multitude of experiences when previously in the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process and currently in the DoD LDES PEB process! Hope this helps! Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, never default acceptance to any recommendation/decision while in the DoD IDES process when the medical evidence and/or medical documentation supports/proves otherwise!

As such, it would seem to be in your best interest to invoke all DoD IDES appeal opportunities immediately in order to ensure a potentially favorable outcome; I speak from a multitude of experiences when previously in the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process and currently in the DoD LDES PEB process! Hope this helps! Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Thank you, I really appreciate your timely response. Do you know if when placed on TDRL I will still be able to add conditions through the VA, or must I be completely through the TDRL process to start adding conditions that were not initially added?

Thank you, I really appreciate your timely response. Do you know if when placed on TDRL I will still be able to add conditions through the VA, or must I be completely through the TDRL process to start adding conditions that were not initially added?
Indeed, you are quite welcome! :)

In retrospect, the DoD military TDRL process is totally separate and doesn't effect the DoVA disability claim process.

To that extent, please feel free to submit any new DoVA disability claims via eBennefits for faster processing. As such, I am speaking from a multitude of current experiences with the submission of new DoVA disability claims after my departure from military active duty and still currently placed onto the DoD TDRL. Take care!

Best Wishes!

Hey Everyone,

I have ben treated for Plantar Fasciitis for about 7 years and was recently put on permanent profile because I can take running anymore. My provider wants to initiate the MEB process, I was curious as to your length of history for it was. I am curious if I could expect a 30% rating from the PEB as well.

I have ben treated for Plantar Fasciitis for about 7 years and was recently put on permanent profile because I can take running anymore. My provider wants to initiate the MEB process, I was curious as to your length of history for it was. I am curious if I could expect a 30% rating from the PEB as well.

Ive had it now for about 2-3 years. In regards to percentage, if its both feet and severe 30% is possible as far as I know. There are a vast amount on members on here who know much more about the system then I do, and thus I suggest also seeking their guidance and answers to your questions. Hope this helps, and good luck.

Ive had it now for about 2-3 years. In regards to percentage, if its both feet and severe 30% is possible as far as I know. There are a vast amount on members on here who know much more about the system then I do, and thus I suggest also seeking their guidance and answers to your questions. Hope this helps, and good luck.

Ok I will post a new thread. I have a severe case I would assume, so I would be happy with 30% PDRL. Thank you, and good luck to you as well.

Ok I will post a new thread. I have a severe case I would assume, so I would be happy with 30% PDRL. Thank you, and good luck to you as well.
Word to the wise, Don't assume anything.