CND Page 11 After PEB?

sonchungus

Registered Member
I just wrapped up a PEB. I was found unfit, PDRL, 40% DoD disability, medical retirement. I accepted the findings upon receipt. I've been busy checking out, and needed my CO interview paperwork for my outbound interview orders. I went to the career planner and got him to rework the orders for an RE-3P reenlistment code. However, the paperwork states that the interview type is an administrative separation. On the page 11, it says that "SNM is being administratively separated due to medical conditions not due to disability." Weird, because I have 2 disabilities, both rated and finalized. I contacted my IDES attorney, base legal, and talked to a different SNCO over my unit admin section. The attorneys stated it's weird that it was worded that way, but the PEB made their decision. My IDES attorney said there are no requests in my file for the med retirement to be put on hold for adsep. The SNCO said the paperwork was just wrong and she'd help me fix it on Monday.

The career planner did seem confused when I told him I was medically retiring after only 4 years of service, and not once did he ask for decision paperwork. However, a LtCol signed off on this. I would imagine he knows whether I am being adsepped or medically retired.

I doubt anything is going to happen, especially with a correction in the works, but does this seem fishy? Or was an honest mistake probably made?

It’s hard to say without speculating, but it sounds like someone just made an error. If it gets corrected, then no problem.

I wouldn’t worry much until you see what happens on Monday. I hope they fix it. Best of luck in your retirement!

Plan A, as stated above.

Plan B, make no statement and seek legal counsel.