Concerned and confused

Mista009

Registered Member
Hello I'm a little confused with this MEB process, I am being recommended for a MEB board and I wanted to know how long it would take and is there any way I could do the process from home?
I suffered a right femur break during BCT at Fort leonard wood and people are telling me this is a long process but I have a family of 5 back home and it's putting a lot of stress on my wife having to take care of everything. Please help.
1. Army
2. National Guard
3. E-4 4 years active duty (prior service)
4. My leg broke during training at boot camp
5. Fort leonard wood
6. I would like to continue active duty, but I have a very long healing process and want to home for that.
7. I do not know if i would fall under the legacy MEB but it sounds like it old be a good idea.

Little confused here.

You broken the leg in basic 4 years ago, and another recently at BCT?

I'm assuming you are at Fort leonard wood now for treatment on the leg?

Little confused here.

You broken the leg in basic 4 years ago, and another recently at BCT?

I'm assuming you are at Fort leonard wood now for treatment on the leg?
No I broke my leg once at basic on Feb 25th

Ah, I follow now.

So you broke your leg on 25 Feb, and have been at FLW the entire time for treatment?

Here's the thing about your situation, if you are on Active Duty orders (which you are) and you suffer an injury, you want to stay on those orders until your injury is healed. In your case, a broken leg is going to take a very long time to heal.

Yes it sucks for you right now to be away from your family, however, continuing to draw an AD paycheck plus entitlements