CONCURRENT RECEIPT 2013

Anyone know what the status of concurrent receipt is for Chapter 61 service members; under 20 years? Is this just a dream?
From the FRA 6-15-2012;
The House has passed its version of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA, H.R. 4310). The Senate version (S. 3254) has been approved by the Senate Armed Services Committee and is awaiting consideration by the full Senate.
What is notable about both bills is what is not in them. ...<snip> Although the full Senate has yet to debate its version of the legislation and amendments are yet to be filed, neither bill addresses the concurrent receipt of military retired pay and veterans’ disability compensation, ... <snip> FRA understands, however, that a Senate floor amendment will be filed to provide comprehensive concurrent receipt reform similar to provisions of the “Retired Pay Restoration Act” (S. 344) sponsored by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (Nev.).
To read the entire article go to:
http://www.fra.org/AM/template.cfm?template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=13840&section=news

This will be interesting to see how this progresses. I am sure everyone is watching and waiting for the beauracracy to end and this to move forward. I for one is waiting as well.

• A Senate floor amendment will be filed to provide comprehensive concurrent receipt reform similar to provisions of the “Retired Pay Restoration Act”
  • (S. 344) sponsored by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (Nev.).
I see it as simple this: We Need To Audit All Politicians Of All Parties, At All Levels... Federal, State and Municipal
And Insure That They Are Supporting Veterans Issues By Not Mere Words, But By Their Deeds That Produce Tangible Results
And We Must Insure That ALL ELECTED VETERANS ARE SUPPORTING VETERANS NOTWITHSTANDING PARTY OR POLITICS. :cool:

This will be interesting to see how this progresses. I am sure everyone is watching and waiting for the beauracracy to end and this to move forward. I for one is waiting as well.
I can tell you what will happen, not a damned thing.

The VSO's abandoned us, as well as most of the over 20 individuals. Both houses can find 3 billion dollars to fund Cash for Clunkers but can't find 1.2 billion over 10 years during the same time even though Nobel Prize winning President Obama requested, via the budget, funding for Chapter 61 retirees but then wouldn't do a damn thing to help push it through even though HASC asked the White House to work with them to make it happen.

Can someone confirm or refute this for me please?; If you have less than 20 'active duty' years (over 20 counting guard/reserve time but still under age 60), and are 1) rated at 100% VA disability compensation (regardless of whether schedular or TDIU), and 2) have a military disability rating at 50% or greater, doesn't that qualify you for concurrent receipt of both VA and military disability under the curent CRDP rules? I'm freaking confused. Thanks all.

Everyday a civilian says to me "I can't believe that you (veterans) are not treated better... you've (veterans) already fought enough, you shouldn't have to fight for your benefits.

WE HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER ON THIS...... Are own apathy is what will defeat us if we let it

Can someone confirm or refute this for me please?; If you have less than 20 'active duty' years (over 20 counting guard/reserve time but still under age 60), and are 1) rated at 100% VA disability compensation (regardless of whether schedular or TDIU), and 2) have a military disability rating at 50% or greater, doesn't that qualify you for concurrent receipt of both VA and military disability under the curent CRDP rules? I'm freaking confused. Thanks all.

Concurrent Receipt Eligibility

To qualify for concurrent receipt you must:
  • Be a Military Retiree with 20 or more years of service, including:
    • Chapter 61 Medical Retirees with 20 years or more.
    • National Guard and Reserve with 20 or more good years. (Once they turn 60 and begin drawing a retirement check)
    • Temporary Early Retirement Authority (TERA) Retirees may also be eligible.
  • Have a Service Related VA disability rating of 50% or higher.
CRDP Update 1/28/2008: Those members who have been rated less than 100 percent, but rated 100 percent disabled by the VA under the unemployability code (UI), will now receive CRDP. It has not been made clear when the first payments will be sent. Contact the VA for details on your personal payment situation. 1-800-827-1000.

Everyday a civilian says to me "I can't believe that you (veterans) are not treated better... you've (veterans) already fought enough, you shouldn't have to fight for your benefits.

WE HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER ON THIS...... Are own apathy is what will defeat us if we let it

Thanks very much for the response to my question...and I have to comment on your above words. We all must use our beloved and hard-fought democracy. Not just for us here and now, but for the millions of future vets in the generations to follow. The stakes are high, and everyone on THIS board knows that freedom is not free. Contact your elected officials and voice your position, then do it again...and most importantly VOTE! It's a luxury we have earned thru unthinkable expense of American blood and treasure!!! We will succeed, but only if we ACT and DO NOT QUIT.

Thanks very much for the response to my question...and I have to comment on your above words. We all must use our beloved and hard-fought democracy. Not just for us here and now, but for the millions of future vets in the generations to follow. The stakes are high, and everyone on THIS board knows that freedom is not free. Contact your elected officials and voice your position, then do it again...and most importantly VOTE! It's a luxury we have earned thru unthinkable expense of American blood and treasure!!! We will succeed, but only if we ACT and DO NOT QUIT.

I see it as simple this:
We Need To Audit All Politicians Of All Parties, At All Levels... Federal, State and Municipal. We Need Insure That They Are Supporting Veterans Issues By Not Mere Words,
But By Their Deeds That Produce Tangible Results.
We Also Must Insure That ALL ELECTED VETERANS ARE SUPPORTING
VETERANS NOTWITHSTANDING PARTY OR POLITICS. :cool:

The folks at the VA are explaining it like this to me.

1.) if you receive a 50% or greater disability rating from the Army = Medical Retirement
2.) you will be able to draw your medical retirement and VA comp & pension

The folks at the VA are explaining it like this to me.

1.) if you receive a 50% or greater disability rating from the Army = Medical Retirement
2.) you will be able to draw your medical retirement and VA comp & pension

IS THAT IMMEDIATELY - or do you have to wait until age 60 (NG/Reserve with a 20 year letter).

I thought that only applied to someone with 20 AD years..... please clarify.

I was told if PDRL without 20 AD years in (7200 points), you had to wait till age 60.

v/r,
nwlivewire

So basically, I am SOL as I have 30% from the Army via PDBR and 90% from the VA!!! I am still trying to understand the CRSC!!!

Thanks for all the comments. I am blessed to have received compensation from the Army DOD. However, I am pissed off we can bail out banks, the mortgage industry etc. However, giving a little extra to Veterans combat or non combat is to much to ask!!!!!!!! Though if a Senator had a child under these conditions it would be changed. Doesn't any one see that the "banks", mortgage so called professionals, and politicians are the ones that made our economy the way it is based on their self interest/profit. They are still doing this. For example, a person buys a house for $400,000 dollars and cant afford it anymore who pays for it; us. Bottom line if you cant afford something you shouldn't be able to get it period, no matter what status or ethnic background you may be. Sorry just venting.

IS THAT IMMEDIATELY - or do you have to wait until age 60 (NG/Reserve with a 20 year letter).

I thought that only applied to someone with 20 AD years..... please clarify.

I was told if PDRL without 20 AD years in (7200 points), you had to wait till age 60.

v/r,
nwlivewire
THAT'S what I'm trying to figure out!!!...particularly the CRDP Update from 1/28/2008: "Those members who have been rated less than 100 percent, but rated 100 percent disabled by the VA under the unemployability code (UI), will now receive CRDP." Does this apply to NG prior to age 60? It doesn't differentiate so I would assume so, but I also know what they say about assumptions...

This is what the VA says to me...

1.)If you get a 50% or greater Army disabilty, you get a medical retirement at whatever percent the Army rates you at, it is paid upon REFRAD

2.)If you are a reservist with 20 or more years in, you get a retirement based upon you points at age 60 (or so, it can be backed up for years served post 9/11)

3.)You can draw your VA C&P and either of the two retirements. You can begin to collect your medical retirement and VA C&P right away and then at age 60 or so if your Reserve Retirement is greater, you can collect it instead of your Army medical retirement.

If your Army disability rating is less than 50% (say 30%) you can collect it or you can collect VA C&P (there is a tax differential and what not) once you hit 60, you can collect your Army Reserve Retiement and the VA C&P.

How they explain it is that if you are less than 50% disabled, then you are collecting a disability payment, if you are greater that 50% disablesd, you are collecting a retirement.

This is what the VA says to me...

1.)If you get a 50% or greater Army disabilty, you get a medical retirement at whatever percent the Army rates you at, it is paid upon REFRAD

2.)If you are a reservist with 20 or more years in, you get a retirement based upon you points at age 60 (or so, it can be backed up for years served post 9/11)

3.)You can draw your VA C&P and either of the two retirements. You can begin to collect your medical retirement and VA C&P right away and then at age 60 or so if your Reserve Retirement is greater, you can collect it instead of your Army medical retirement.

If your Army disability rating is less than 50% (say 30%) you can collect it or you can collect VA C&P (there is a tax differential and what not) once you hit 60, you can collect your Army Reserve Retiement and the VA C&P.

How they explain it is that if you are less than 50% disabled, then you are collecting a disability payment, if you are greater that 50% disablesd, you are collecting a retirement.
That really helps shine some light on the issue...particularly item #3 makes me hopeful. Thanks very much!!! I'll learn first-hand before too long and will come back to confirm or deny for everyone's benefit!

Well, I am SOL. I will try for CRSC and if that doesn't work then it is what it is. The only thing that can change is we come together as one!

OK. I'm lost - and just when I thought I had it understood. lol

I'm PDRL DoD (AR) with a 20 - year retirement letter from NG - not 10 years AD (not 7200 points - just a 20 year retirement letter from total combined service (NG/AD).

Rec'd 70% DOD - also 100% VA unemployed.

Thought I had to wait until age 60 to CRDP - DO NOT have combat/combat related, so NO CRSC.

Are you saying that regardless, if SM has 50% or greater from DoD, AND, are rated 100% by VA, then that SM can bypass the age 60 CRDP and begin collecting CRDP immediately upon discharge from AD?

I'm lost.....

Thanks for spelling it out "Barney style" for me!

v/r,
nwlivewire