CRD Decision Notification

ngkm5

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Need some help.

So I've been on TDRL since 29 April (USMC) and been receiving benefits via DoD/VA.

I'm 70%DoD and 80%VA.

TDRL w/13 years of AD.

Today I just received an email from my IDES attorney with a letter attached advising that " your category II of PTSD resulted from a combat-related injury as defined by 26 USC 104 (b)(3)".

The letter is from the Deputy Division Director, Office of Judge Advocate General.

So now that my PTSD is linked to being combat related, what's my next step? I'm really hoping someone who really knows can chime in, as I keep reading/hearing different things. My attorney says one thing, but my POC at the Georgia Department of Veterans Services, mentioned something else.

I guess first thing is to get my DD214 corrected (DD215), reflecting block 26 with combat code.

After that I'm loss

Should be handled when you get your re-evaluation next year. Contact the folks you see for your TDRL. And I'd also contact the VA if your record reflects from DOD they have to change it. They had to change mine when I got approved for CRSC . DOD made the appointment for increase and I wasn't even part of it lol

Block 26 of the DD-214 is your separation code which goes hand-in-hand with the separation type. Which for you is temporarily retired.

What should be changed is on the PEB findings for your disability need to have the combat code that goes along with your disability stating it was incurred in combat or combat related.

I would suggest contacting your PEBLO or your case manager if you are able to or still have their contact information and are still able to get a hold of them.

Or if you have been assigned a Wounded Warrior DISC he or she should be able to guide you through this process and should be able to get you updated documentation from the PEB showing your combat code. A DISC is different from the Wounded Warrior call center it is a actual active duty in my case Marine assigned to you in your area and they help you a lot once you get out with anything on the DoD side and VA side and are full of a ton of information and ours checked in on us and made sure we had everything we needed during our transition out to the civilian side. Ours is very helpful and is very knowledgeable especially since we are new to this area when we TDRL from USMC, it we didn't have a DISC we would not be where we are today.

If you don't have any of the above these numbers will surely help you.

HQ Marine Corps Wounded Warrior Regiment IDES Liaison/Disability Benefits:
(703) 432-1856

PEB:
(202) 685-6431

HQMC's MMSR-4 TDRL section:
Phone: (703) 784-9308/9309/9321
Email: [email protected]

You should also apply for CRCS. Here is some information on it:
https://www.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary/disability/crsc.html
http://www.secnav.navy.mil/mra/CORB/Pages/CRSCB/default.aspx
https://www.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary/disability/applyforcrsc.html

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help!

Ok - I made some phone calls and been informed to contact MMSR and request updated retirement orders. THEN submit DD Form 2860 (I guess with updated orders) to:

Secretary of the Navy
Council of Review Boards
ATTN: Combat Related Special Compensation Branch
720 Kennon Street SE, Suite 309
Washington Navy Yard, DC 20374-5023

FYI - I'm just going to keep updating this thread throughout the process for further reference.

Should be handled when you get your re-evaluation next year. Contact the folks you see for your TDRL. And I'd also contact the VA if your record reflects from DOD they have to change it. They had to change mine when I got approved for CRSC . DOD made the appointment for increase and I wasn't even part of it lol

What do you mean by DoD increase? Your retirement percentage changed due to CRSC?

CRSC is a reduced rate retirement, disability retirement can be higher if you can get CRDP

I been getting it for 4 years now. If I could get crdp it would be 1100 more per month.

So I've been getting the run around.
So far, from what I've gathered, is MMSR-4 can update my orders but only after the PEB sends them notification of change.
I've contacted the PEB and they have no such record of my appeal. And I personally cannot send the notification to them.
So I'm trying to track this notification down and get it to the PEB.

Thanks for all the input thus far guys.

No if im PDRL do i receive both my full retirement and VA at age 60? 50% both DOD and VA

Ok.
Just received an email with the correct POC referenced. I will contact and update this thread with the outcome.

I spoke to the POC and my appeal is awaiting one final signature and from there will go to HQMC.
HCMQ in turn, will adjust all documentation, i.e., DD214 with a DD215, and will pass the same to DFAS so my retirement entitlements can be adjusted as well.

It seems as all of this is transparent to me and my only job now is to sit around and wait.

Can someone explain what is Category II PTSD?
I just received an email stating that since my condition is Caregory II, there will be no change to my personnel file regarding my appeal being granted as combat related.

Little confused and I’m not finding anything by searching.