CRSC—Desert_tortoise

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Hello again Ron, and happy new year.

I've been retired for over a year now, and still waiting on CRSC. Any chance you might re-run my numbers to account for my updated DoD disability rating? (went from 70% to 80% after the tdrl re-eval).

====================

1.--Average high three for basic pay (total of the highest 36 months of pay divided by 36). Note the gross retired pay could have been used to obtain a contemporary high three and more acccurate.

The total of my highest 36 months of pay divided by 36 is $7586

1a.--Did you receive a DoD disability retirement (i.e., "Chapter 61")?

I did receive a DoD disability retirement.

2.--DoD disability percentage

My DOD disability retirement (Chapter 61) percentage is 80%.

3. --Active duty years and months (or active duty equivalent for RC members which is total creditable points divided by 360).

My active duty time was 12 years, 7 months./

4. --VA compensation (All of the following):
a. percentage; My VA Compensation percentage is 100%.
b. amount; The amount of my VA compensation is $4,335.16
c. dependents by category and ages of dependent children.;

My dependents for VA compensation are spouse and 2 children under 18.

d. Also provide information pertaining to any SMCs you receive.
I receive SMC-K.

5.--Projected or approved CRSC percentage by your service.

I anticipate I will be approved for 80%.

6.--Whether you qualify for another type of retirement . Cite the type of other retirement for which you qualify such as reserve component at age 60.

I do not qualify for another type of retirement.

7.--Did you receive a REDUX/CSB payment? If REDUX was received, then all the info (amounts and description) on page one of your DFAS RAS is needed in addition to other info requested. Please show a description for each item.

No.

8.--Did you accept the Blended Retirement program option?

Yes I was under the blended retirement program.

======
Hello @desert_tortoise

I could not find a previous estimate. It might have done “in conversation “ where I no longer provide estimates.

Estimate:

a. 7586 x 75% = 5689.50 gross retired pay minus 4365.15 VA = 1324.35 residual retired pay (which will reduce CRSC Max)
b. 12 yrs 7 mo = 12.58 x 2% blended Ret = 25.16% longevity multiplier
c. 7586 x 25.16% = 1908.64 longevity portion of retired pay
d. 1908.64 minus 1324.35 residual = 585.29 max CRSC BY DFAS
e. You would also receive your VA comp and 1324.35 residual Ret pay
f. If your CRSC approval percentage (amt) is less than the longevity, that amount plus residual cannot exceed the longevity amount
g. Bottom line: CRSC plus residual cannot exceed longevity amount.

Ron

got it sir. Thank you for the estimate. Have a good weekend.
Glad to help.

If the high three you provided was not recent (a COLA increase occurred for the 1-31 Dec23 pay) then the estimate is off a bit.
The gross pay on the NEW DFAS RAS would include the COLA increase. Gross on DFAS RAS divided by DOD disability percentage = contemporary high three .

I also did not include the relatively small amount of SMC—K in the offset. The residual would be decreased by that amount, but the CRSC would be increased by the same amount. That omission does not change the total amount you will receive from DFAS.

Ron