CRSC Timeline

hmv88

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Does anyone have any idea why CRSC claims for the Army are taking so long? They are so secretive in not telling you much bout the status of your claim.

Does anyone have any idea why CRSC claims for the Army are taking so long? They are so secretive in not telling you much bout the status of your claim.
Nope, indeed, I wished I did! In retrospect, it took 13 months and 3 days in total to finally receive my CRSC approval decision letter via USPS mail!

To any extent, that's definitely an unfortunate USAHRC CRSC bureaucracy nightmare which seems to have continuing increases to its CRSC claim processing timeline!. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Conjecture.

The process is likely the following:

--Application received and logged in
--Application is dormant for unknown period *
--Application assigned to analyst
--Application decision rendered
--Decision mailed

*The period where nothing is done drives the extended processing time in an operation such as ARMY CRSC which is operated by a civilian contractor. That delay might be caused by inadequate staffing; high turnover of personnel; lack of expertise; unexpected increase in volume of applications; poor leadership or a number of other problems.

Suggestions: Voice a complaint with the CSM of the Human Resources Command (who might tell you he/she does not control a contractor); call the White House hotline; or contact your senator or representative in DC. After seeing numerous comments of dissatisfaction (elsewhere) concerning this matter, I would choose the latter.

Ron

I have made congressional inquiries with US REP and US Senator. I'm waiting on to hear from CSM of US Army HRC see what their explanation is.

It took almost 7 months for me to receive my CRSC approval letter so maybe USAHRC fixed the backlog.
My CRSC application date is 2 April 2018 and the date on my CRSC approval letter is 18 October 2018.

That is quite an improvement; thank you for posting that info.

I have been paid CRSC at various times from 2005 to present. I can remember receiving Army approvals in the 30-45 days range.

Ron