Resource icon

DoDI 6490.04 Mental Health Evaluations of Members of the Military Services 1.0.0

No permission to download

Jason Perry

Founder and Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Jason Perry submitted a new resource:

DoDI 6490.04 Mental Health Evaluations of Members of the Military Services (version 1.0.0) - DoDI Mental Health Evaluations of Members of the Military Services

The attachment is the recent Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 6490.04 Mental Health Evaluations of Members of the Military Services.

According to the instruction:
"1. PURPOSE. In accordance with the authority in DoD Directive 5124.02 (Reference (a)), this
instruction:
a. Reissues DoD Instruction 6490.4 (Reference (b)), establishing policy, assigning responsibilities, and prescribing procedures for the referral, evaluation, treatment, and medical and command management of Service...

Read more about this resource...

Jason Perry submitted a new resource:

DoDI 6490.04 Mental Health Evaluations of Members of the Military Services (version 1.0.0) - DoDI Mental Health Evaluations of Members of the Military Services

Read more about this resource...

It is good to read that a LCSW with a Master's in Social Work is now authorized to be a MHP.

When i went through the IDES, a LCSW w/Master's in Social Work was the very first one who evaluated me and his report was entered into my medical records. However, my CB-WTU refused treatment care for my MH issues as this CB-WTU civilian supposedly did not have the "proper" credentials to render such a diagnostic observation (not credible). This delayed my ability to seek and receive proper MH treatment/care by an entire year, and his "DSM-IV" was not taken into consideration by the IDES process, either.

Hopefully, this change will now facilitate speedier recognition of SMs MH issues and get our SMs the MH care they need much more quickly - before it's too late. And also aid in documentation of MH issues in their charts/nursing notes for NARSUM/IDES process.

V/r,
nwlivewire

It is good to read that a LCSW with a Master's in Social Work is now authorized to be a MHP.

When i went through the IDES, a LCSW w/Master's in Social Work was the very first one who evaluated me and his report was entered into my medical records. However, my CB-WTU refused treatment care for my MH issues as this CB-WTU civilian supposedly did not have the "proper" credentials to render such a diagnostic observation (not credible). This delayed my ability to seek and receive proper MH treatment/care by an entire year, and his "DSM-IV" was not taken into consideration by the IDES process, either.

Hopefully, this change will now facilitate speedier recognition of SMs MH issues and get our SMs the MH care they need much more quickly - before it's too late. And also aid in documentation of MH issues in their charts/nursing notes for NARSUM/IDES process.

V/r,
nwlivewire

An eventual successful good news story...

Best Wishes!