Ebenefits Question

turion1973

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Today I checked my Ebenefits and had a status change. For the last 3 months I have been in the Preperation For Decision the (rating phase), and today my status changed back to Review Of Evidence (Change of Status: We determined that your claim needed additional review. If additional evidence is needed from you, you will receive a letter from us explaining what is needed.) You mean to tell me that I have been waiting for 3 months for the VA to determine that my claim need additonal review or does this mean my proposed ratings are done and just waiting for me to accept or ask for a reconsideration. Do keep in mind I'm in the IDES MEB/PEB and my DES has told me that not to pay attention to the Ebenefits since it more applies to a claim once I'm seperated from service. I hope this just means that my proposed ratings are done and waiting to do the final ratings to prepare for my Benefits Letter at Discharge. I will be on pissed SOB if the VA kept me in the rating phase to to send it back for more review.

My experience is your proposal rating done and sent to PEB. You will get 199 next 2 weeks.

mine changed back to gathering of evidence today, been waiting since december for them to ask for delineation of symptoms for tbi and ptsd so i had to get a congressional going and finally got them to ask

I was thinking it should be the proposed rating being done I would damn if my claim sat on someone's desk for that long just to get sent back to review after some people have been getting theirs back in one week. I was about ready to start contacting my congressman and anybody it took.

dude trust me it has been a painful marathon, if i could actually find whoever is doing the claim i think id drive up to seattle and throw them the beating of a lifetime!

dude trust me it has been a painful marathon, if i could actually find whoever is doing the claim i think id drive up to seattle and throw them the beating of a lifetime!

....and roger

Today I checked my Ebenefits and had a status change. For the last 3 months I have been in the Preperation For Decision the (rating phase), and today my status changed back to Review Of Evidence (Change of Status: We determined that your claim needed additional review. If additional evidence is needed from you, you will receive a letter from us explaining what is needed.) You mean to tell me that I have been waiting for 3 months for the VA to determine that my claim need additonal review or does this mean my proposed ratings are done and just waiting for me to accept or ask for a reconsideration. Do keep in mind I'm in the IDES MEB/PEB and my DES has told me that not to pay attention to the Ebenefits since it more applies to a claim once I'm seperated from service. I hope this just means that my proposed ratings are done and waiting to do the final ratings to prepare for my Benefits Letter at Discharge. I will be on pissed SOB if the VA kept me in the rating phase to to send it back for more review.
Is there a historical of claim completed? you can also do an IRIS request for information its on the VA page and they get back to you within 5 working days.

One of the things if have noticed on the Ebenefits is there is a tap on the right side (View Required Evidence) when I click it it show nothing just what was recieved back in Dec of 2012 my C&P exams. I assume the required evidence is the DD199 or just waiting for me to sign for ratings or even my DD 214 anybody had this pop up on Ebenefits.

Also, I was told when your proposed ratings are done Ebenefits goes to complete. I aslo getting told it can go back to review of evidence.

Mine sat at gathering evidence for the entire time. Then it went to preparation for notification. Then claimed closed and new opened and it went back to gather evidence. I got my ratings then.

Is there a historical of claim completed? you can also do an IRIS request for information its on the VA page and they get back to you within 5 working days.
Good luck on 5 working days, if your claim is in Seattle and you put in an IRIS or call the 202 number they will get back to you in 45 days.

Good luck on 5 working days, if your claim is in Seattle and you put in an IRIS or call the 202 number they will get back to you in 45 days.

In retrospect, I have had good success with the IRIS inquiry option. The IRIS would always send their response within the five day window. No issues with the response timeliness, but with the quality of the information rendered.

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!