PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
02 Feb- recommended MEB
23 Mar - VA C&P appointments complete
03 Apr- Narsum appointment/MEB
13 Apr - MEB found unfit
16 Apr- packet sent to PEB Fort Lewis
??? - awaiting findings

Was told PEB would take 30-45 days for findings then another 60-90 days for VA ratings. Hoping to have PEB finding back by end of May which will be the 45 day mark.

Your timeline expectations for your PEB are pretty good from what I can tell. Mine too about 6 weeks from being sent to PEB to being forwarded to VA for ratings (which I'm still waiting on).

Were you notified of your peb unfit or fit before it was sent to the VA? How long have you been waiting for ratings?

02 Feb- recommended MEB
13 Apr - MEB found unfit
??? - awaiting findings

Was told PEB would take 30-45 days for findings then another 60-90 days for VA ratings. Hoping to have PEB finding back by end of May which will be the 45 day mark.
I was also found Unfit on 13 Apr, and Packet sent to Ft. Lewis on 16 Apr. the end of May would be perfect to move on to the next Step.

Were you notified of your peb unfit or fit before it was sent to the VA? How long have you been waiting for ratings?

I was notified by my PEBLO that I was unfit in the same email that told me that my packet went to the VA. Granted, this was with a lot of pushing on my end, knowing what the answers should be for instance ahead of time (if its sent to the VA for ratings, I'm probably not getting a FIT disposition). A lot of that knowledge came from this board, which has been an invaluable resource throughout this process. It has not only helped me make my way through my own MEB process, but helped me walk other Soldiers through their processes as I've become the resident expert for my unit on this procedure right now.

Note: Edited for an errant apostrophe.

Christ you have the fastest MEB Timeline I have ever seen...I'm going on 12 months the first week of June matter of fact I have been waiting for ratings longer than you have been in the process

CarlB - I was actually notified by my PEBLO that I was unfit on 16 Apr 12. The Unfit documentation is dated 10 Apr 12, and was sent to my PEBLO 13 Apr 12, so I just use the latest date. I hope it dosent take to long because it seems as if no one is talking with each other (PEBLO and Unit). I have an approved retirement date of 31 Aug 12, the J1/S1 calls and asks if I'm taking leave, notified me that my retirement award is being processed. I tell them I've been found unfit, i get the same reply we cant accept documentation from you it has to be from the PEBLO or source. I notify the PEBLO and he tells me to give them my unfit paperwork????????? (Can't accept documentation from Service Member) So, at this point I'll let the chips fall where they lay.

CarlB - I was actually notified by my PEBLO that I was unfit on 16 Apr 12. The Unfit documentation is dated 10 Apr 12, and was sent to my PEBLO 13 Apr 12, so I just use the latest date. I hope it dosent take to long because it seems as if no one is talking with each other (PEBLO and Unit). I have an approved retirement date of 31 Aug 12, the J1/S1 calls and asks if I'm taking leave, notified me that my retirement award is being processed. I tell them I've been found unfit, i get the same reply we cant accept documentation from you it has to be from the PEBLO or source. I notify the PEBLO and he tells me to give them my unfit paperwork????????? (Can't accept documentation from Service Member) So, at this point I'll let the chips fall where they lay.

There may be a light at the end of the tunnel - My paperwork was forwarded to the VA on 23 Mar 2012, and I just found out that they have finished preliminary ratings on 02 May 2012 - this is from the Seattle VA office. So a little under 6 weeks from end of PEB/UNFIT determination to ratings from the VA - now I have to wait for the paperwork to percolate from the VA office to big Army and back down to my PEBLO so I can actually see what those ratings were.

16 FEB REFFERED MEB
8 MARCH NARSUM COMPLETE
12 MARCH PACKET SENT TO PEB
10 APRIL FOUND UNFIT PACKET SENT TO VA
WATING ON RATING

shadow 4 and 4syth1 we are all arund same time but I went to peb in fot knox, ky but va packet sent to seattle, wa but letter that I got copy of says auburn, wa ides processing site but they do not have a number that I can located. where did your va offices did your packets go to please keep me informed

16 FEB REFFERED MEB
8 MARCH NARSUM COMPLETE
WATING ON RATING

shadow 4 and 4syth1 we are all arund same time but I went to peb in fot knox, ky but va packet sent to seattle, wa but letter that I got copy of says auburn, wa ides processing site but they do not have a number that I can located. where did your va offices did your packets go to please keep me informed

My packet went to the Seattle VA, I told myself that i would check the status every 30 days so i wouldn't drive myself up the wall. I haven't been to work or even put my uniform since 15 Mar 11 and every 30 days I get another Con-Leave from my PCM. The ebenefits site is discouraging also it hasn't been updated at all, so i don't know what good it does. but hey every 30 days I pick up the phone and look online at the status.

16 FEB REFFERED MEB
8 MARCH NARSUM COMPLETE
WATING ON RATING

My packet went to the Seattle VA, I told myself that i would check the status every 30 days so i wouldn't drive myself up the wall. I haven't been to work or even put my uniform since 15 Mar 11 and every 30 days I get another Con-Leave from my PCM. The ebenefits site is discouraging also it hasn't been updated at all, so i don't know what good it does. but hey every 30 days I pick up the phone and look online at the status.

Mine is actually at the Ft. Lewis PEB still awaiting findings of fit or unfit, after that if unfit my PEBLO said it would go to Seattle for VA ratings which could take 45-90 days.

UPDATE:
02 Feb- recommended MEB
13 Apr - MEB found unfit
??? - awaiting findings

Still have not heard back of PEB findings of fit or unfit, however in April I applied for SSDI under the wounded warrior program and was told today that I would recieve a decision around July timeframe. I was also told I should hear something next week for PEB findings since that will be around 35+ days at Fort Lewis. Won't hold my breath.

02 Feb- recommended MEB
13 Apr - MEB found unfit
??? - awaiting findings

Did your Peblo tell you the PEB said your unfit on 13 APR. I still have not heard anything and its going on 30 days. The MEB doesnt decide if your unfit only the PEB.

For me I am waiting on my VA ratings too.

Dec Met with Med BOard Doc, referrals for VA exams sent
Jan C&P exams done
Mar Narsum Completed
Mar 19 PEB received my packet at Ft Lewis
Apr 11 Found Unfit by PEB and packet sent to Seattle VA
May 17 still waiting on VA ratings.....only 2 condiitons, both my knees.....

We are anxiously waiting too, it's driving us nuts! We would like to move on with our lives. We already have found a home and would like to get a job...Anyone else having any luck with the VA in Seattle?

Did your Peblo tell you the PEB said your unfit on 13 APR. I still have not heard anything and its going on 30 days. The MEB doesnt decide if your unfit only the PEB.

You are correct the MEB found I did not meet retention standards. Still waiting for PEB to find fit or unfit.

We are anxiously waiting too, it's driving us nuts! We would like to move on with our lives. We already have found a home and would like to get a job...Anyone else having any luck with the VA in Seattle?
I was found unfit by the PEB at Lewis in April and the Seattle VA received those results on 10 April. I did an IRIS inquiry on the eBenefits website and after a few days, I received a response. It was mostly an obvious "cut and paste" response. All I was told was the date my original claim was submitted and the date they received the results from the PEB. I did contact the VA though a 1-800 number and was told on 4 May, my case was actually assigned to an individual to complete the preliminary rating, but there was no time frame given as to when that would be complete. Not much help really. I know the time-line is different for everyone based on how many conditions one claimed.

What is an acceptable time to start contacting PEBLO, OBUDSMAN etc. for awaiting findings at Ft. Lewis PEB? I know the ides briefing says 15 days for IPEB for results but that is unrealistic. Like everything in else in the military you have to be flexible, however individuals also have to be accountable within reason. Complaining or constant hounding can be deragtory or slow down the process so I haven't talked to anyone thus far in the process. I have only heard from PEBLO once and that was to come in for the NARSUM back in March 2012. I'm now at 37 days for awaiting findings and haven't not heard anything.

My NARSUM and supporting documents went to the PEB at Lewis March 13th. I was called by my PEBLO on April 10th letting me know I was found unfit. If you haven't heard anything, it can't hurt to contact your PEBLO and ask the question. If yours was sent shortly after your NARSUM, I would think the PEB would have already finished and determined a fit/unfit decision and if unfit, it should have gone to the VA. I contacted the VA a month after I was determined unfit to verify they received my PEB findings. The VA was able to tell me the day they received that information and the day someone started working on my preliminary ratings. Call your PEBLO and if you get no answers, contact the VA and see if they have your file. I just called the 1800 number and had a choice to either be on hold or have them call me back without losing my place in line. 30 minutes later the VA called me and gave me the info I was looking for.

My NARSUM and supporting documents went to the PEB at Lewis March 13th. I was called by my PEBLO on April 10th letting me know I was found unfit. If you haven't heard anything, it can't hurt to contact your PEBLO and ask the question. If yours was sent shortly after your NARSUM, I would think the PEB would have already finished and determined a fit/unfit decision and if unfit, it should have gone to the VA. I contacted the VA a month after I was determined unfit to verify they received my PEB findings. The VA was able to tell me the day they received that information and the day someone started working on my preliminary ratings. Call your PEBLO and if you get no answers, contact the VA and see if they have your file. I just called the 1800 number and had a choice to either be on hold or have them call me back without losing my place in line. 30 minutes later the VA called me and gave me the info I was looking for.
I finally got a reply from my PEBLO today, whom stated that Ft. Lewis is drastically backed up for the PEB portion and not to expect any decision for another few weeks. So about 60-90 days for awaiting findings right now. Hopefully that will not be the case and they make the 45 day goal but only time will tell.