FPEB and VA rating

Echo

Registered Member
Does the outcome of an FPEB affect your VA rating? I went to Washington DC for an FPEB and was given 30% PDRL. Before that I was 50% TDRL (VA and DOD). I looked on ebenefits and my VA rating is still 50% but I got a Retiree Account Statement saying that my new monthly compensation will be $512.00 starting 11/01/2017. I would like to know if this is to be expected or if there is probably an error. Thanks.

Does the outcome of an FPEB affect your VA rating? I went to Washington DC for an FPEB and was given 30% PDRL. Before that I was 50% TDRL (VA and DOD). I looked on ebenefits and my VA rating is still 50% but I got a Retiree Account Statement saying that my new monthly compensation will be $512.00 starting 11/01/2017. I would like to know if this is to be expected or if there is probably an error. Thanks.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

When placed onto the DoD military TDRL and upon a TDRL re-evaluation, the PEB uses the Legacy DES (LDES) which basically states that the PEB shall decide your DoD rating. The TDRL PEB/FPEB are not obligated to use any DoVA ratings albeit they must adjudicate a rating in accordance with the 38 CFR VASRD. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!