Ft. Jackson Timeline

1234qwer

Registered Member
I plan on updating this post periodically as things progress. I was given my P3 profile due to osteoarthritis in both knees and injuries in both shoulders where surgery was not recommended. My current timeline is listed below.

22 December 2017 - P3 from PCM
3 January 2018 - P3 approved
11 January 2018 - Met PEBLO
19 January 2018 - Commander Statement is due (Battalion commander refused to sign statement until he can review medical records - pending action)

1234qwer I have about the same timeline as you. You sitting at the PEB right now?

16 January 2018-P3 from PCM
22 Jan-Met PEBLO
25 Jan-Met MSC
13 Feb-all VA exams complete
27 Feb-Narsum
5 Mar- requested IMR for one more referred condition and got it
9 Mar- Packet sent to PEB

Update:

19 January 2018 - Commander Statement is due
14 February - C&P Exams complete
20 February - Commander Statement signed
23 February - Narsum complete
7 March - Requested IMR
9 March - IMR complete one of two claims added

Right now I’m waiting on advice from legal before everything is sent to the PEB. My C&P exams are pretty inconsistent. They note pain and functional losses in the comments rather throughly, but do not always have the box checked.

So far my experience has been one problem after another trying to get the VA and my PEBLO to respond to anything. Is anyone else at Jackson who has a PEBLO that is actually helpful?

Yep same thing, my C&P exam was inconsistent with marking also, I was told that when it comes down to the VA Discrepancy they will see it and get clarification when reviewing for rating. Mine had I did not said I had loss of motion, but the mobility test showed otherwise. My PEBLO has been helpful, but I am running everything through legal. Is your Narsum under impact of Duty, contradicting. It will have a bullet from my Commanders statement saying can not perform duties due to injuries, which is followed up with the Medboard physician inserting one of my NCOER bullets contradicting it “scored 290 on last APFT”

My impact on duty performance states that my last three OERs reflect outstanding performance, but my commander statement explains that my physical condition extremely prohibits my contributions to certain events and activities.

It seems like it won’t be an issue how it is written since my commander statement is rather disqualifying.

Update:

19 January 2018 - Commander Statement is due
14 February - C&P Exams complete
20 February - Commander Statement signed
23 February - Narsum complete
7 March - Requested IMR
9 March - IMR complete one of two claims added
28 March - PEB request to VA for ratings

My PEBLO hasn't helped at all during this process and I have to pry information from her, but everything is moving along. My eBenefits page still says my claim is in the gathering evidence stage where the requested documents are past due and the development letter was sent. I am not exactly sure where that puts me on the VA side of things, but hope to have ratings back soon.