Got orders, now what??

oceantrav

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Got my orders for medical retirement, date shows March 13th.

I’m national guard. Retired 100% DOD PDRL and 100% VA, all for PTSD.

So what do I do now?

When can I apply for CRSC?

When can I switch tricare from reserve select to life or prime?

Thanks-

oceantrav

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Well, I applied for CRSC online via email. Heard it may take a year.

For insurance, I believe I have to wait until my retirement date of March 13th. Then I think I’m automatically enrolled in tricare select, or I can enroll in prime.

Probably have to wait till March 13th for dental too.

Guess my next task is finding life insurance.

What status were you in the National Guard (type of orders)
And did that change during the IDES process? I'm trying to figure out how I got stuck with retired reserve orders. My only tricare option is for tricare retired reserve for a monthly payment of $1,034 for a family.

Thank you for your quick reply my first question.

oceantrav

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
What status were you in the National Guard (type of orders)
And did that change during the IDES process? I'm trying to figure out how I got stuck with retired reserve orders. My only tricare option is for tricare retired reserve for a monthly payment of $1,034 for a family.

Thank you for your quick reply my first question.
I was just a normal national guard guy. They offered me a 15 year guard medical retirement, which then I’d get no money and have to pay $1000 plus a month for insurance, or a active duty med board/medical retirement since my ptsd was caused while on title 10 orders in Iraq. Choice was easy.

So sound like you just got a early 15 year retirement from the reserves?

And no kiss! I was on active duty when I was flagged p3 and started the IDES process. Sep 30 2016 they cut my orders and pulled me from Ft. Jacksons med board and started me over with the SCNG. I have a Board hearing to get my orders backdated and back pay for TRS. They even admitted they fucked up but couldn't fix it. There are lucky I have a family to look out for. Army has me at 40 and VA 100

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">