Got "unofficial" VA results! (Bipolar Disorder)

mls

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hello everyone!

I jsut received notice in the mail from the Disabled Veterans of America (DAV) regarding my C&P exam disability ratings! The VA found me 70% disabled for Bipolar Disorder (I'm very happy with this result!) and due to other ratings for various things, I've been rated overall at 100%.

I was not happy with the 30% TDRL that the Air Force gave me for Bipolar. I always thought it should have been at least 50% but honestly didn't have enough fight left in me to go to war over it. Does anyone know if the VA rating has any affect for my TDRL re-eval? Meaning, will they *hopefully* be more likely to grant a higher rating and possibly PDRL?

Thank you :) MLS

It won't hurt you're case but you already knew that. Let's hope it helps!

CONGRATS!!!

when was your C&P? i had mine in jan 2010 and i just got 10% for tinnitus and 0% for hearing loss. that was just 2 out of a long list of issues. they said in the award letter that they are still work'n the other issues and they need med doc from soc sec. i am in no rush w/the VA considering i'm still in the DES @ the beginning of the MEB process on INCAP and receiving SS. a$$-backwards :)

Well I can say is good luck, because I just had my first TDRL re-aval and I have 70% VA benies did not help in my case at the PEB got rated at 20% so I am taking the money and runnin I am over 18 years active service and combat rated from PED on orders so getting chunk of change tax free and VA does not make me pay back severance pay. would have been nice to fight but my condition will not afford me this luxsury the wait game is over except for the severance wait.

partschanger, congrats! have you filed for social security? if not get on that ASAP and get a lawyer that specializes in SS. if all goes well you can be granted SS to the date of injury, like me and that will be another nice chunk of change. if you don't already ask around through friends and research a financial advisor. especially if you have the TSP coming to you. invest, invest, invest. good luck and keep us posted!

Thanx yes I have SS now and I just got my medicare card been on disabilty for two years now it just confuses me how the PEB saw fit to only rate me 20% but I figured they would things have changed since I MEB boarded 2 yrs ago with all the media against the screwing of seperating medical soldiers
IE Walter Reed but how soon the public forgets

does anyone know the timeline for seperation orders after TDRL takes you off thier list thanks

MLS,

Congrats, that is wonderful news! I just went for my VA claim appoitment today since I finally got my seperation orders. They said my exam will be in the next 3-5 weeks since I have 60 days till my seperation date. It's some sort of expedited process for MEB'd people. So I can hopefully get that all squared aways this summer and I am going to try for social secuirty but not really sure how to get that all started and everthing. Again I'm very happy you got the rating you deserved. Hopefully I do too. :) Stay in touch!

mls, thats great u got 70% for bipolar, i'm starting the med process for bipolar disorder. i'm hoping and praying i can get the same results. So it's true, you can get a different rating from the VA claim than what they give you from the IPEB. It seems like 30% is the standard rating for bipolar, could you tell me how or why the VA gave you 70% maybe give me some pointers, also do you know since i have 2 dependants would that help me get a higher rating?

but with going back to the date of your injury they will only pay you retroactive pay for 12 months so like robs42 said GET ON THAT ASAP!

Ok here is the deal and i would like some help on the issue please. The army decided they were going to MEB me but the process is just now starting. I have been diagnosed as of now a Bipolar (NOS). I also have hearing loss and tinnitus and went through an MAR2 (Newer version of the MMRB) and was found fit for duty with a P3 Profile. My buddy talked to me about looking into getting rated for PTSD or talking to them about it as well. The only issue is i told the doc that i was being diagnosed with Bipolar disorder prior to joining the Army but was never officially diagnosed. I got almost 4 1/2 years in as an E-5 11B im married and have one daughter.

Ok here is the deal and i would like some help on the issue please. The army decided they were going to MEB me but the process is just now starting. I have been diagnosed as of now a Bipolar (NOS). I also have hearing loss and tinnitus and went through an MAR2 (Newer version of the MMRB) and was found fit for duty with a P3 Profile. My buddy talked to me about looking into getting rated for PTSD or talking to them about it as well. The only issue is i told the doc that i was being diagnosed with Bipolar disorder prior to joining the Army but was never officially diagnosed. I got almost 4 1/2 years in as an E-5 11B im married and have one daughter.
Was there any findings or what was your outcome? did they give you a rating?

I was initially rated at 30 % for Generalized Anxiety Disorder but have now been diagnosed and treated with medication for Bipolar 1. I am currently preparing to submit my appeal. My question is which usually gets a higher rating. I currently have an overall rating of 80% and am shooting for 100% so that I can retire and and apply for Social Security.