IDES claim closed due to admin sep.

Flandawg

Registered Member
Hello everyone,

I have recently found out that the VA has closed my IDES claim due to being notified of my admin sep. I have searched the internet far and wide for a similar situation but have been directed to seek advice from this forum.

My MEB was initiated April 2022 and completed in December 2022 with proposed 100% P/T. I shortly then was sent to UCMJ and awarded admin seperation, general under honorable. I was informed I would not receive severance pay but my IDES claim would still be active and able to continue. I submitted my DD-214 the day I separated and everything seemed to be going smoothly.

After calling the VA to inquire about my status this last Tuesday, they informed me of the decision. I was absolutely floored and am treading a fine line right now between my health and finances.

I spoke to someone from VERA a bit ago and they confirmed the status and said I need to submit a VA form in Support of Claim. I have filled it out pretty much begging for them to continue the claim.

I am really unsure of where else to go from here, any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone,

I have recently found out that the VA has closed my IDES claim due to being notified of my admin sep. I have searched the internet far and wide for a similar situation but have been directed to seek advice from this forum.

My MEB was initiated April 2022 and completed in December 2022 with proposed 100% P/T. I shortly then was sent to UCMJ and awarded admin seperation, general under honorable. I was informed I would not receive severance pay but my IDES claim would still be active and able to continue. I submitted my DD-214 the day I separated and everything seemed to be going smoothly.

After calling the VA to inquire about my status this last Tuesday, they informed me of the decision. I was absolutely floored and am treading a fine line right now between my health and finances.

I spoke to someone from VERA a bit ago and they confirmed the status and said I need to submit a VA form in Support of Claim. I have filled it out pretty much begging for them to continue the claim.

I am really unsure of where else to go from here, any help is greatly appreciated.
So sorry you were told that. If you are not medically retired or separated then all of your IDES VA claims don't count. So if you were indeed admin separated then it was all for not. There is no way to undo it. That's the bad news.

The good news is that you can file all the claims again and go through the C&P's and once the VA finishes up with you (Hopefully 100% P&T like before) your compensation for VA disability will be backdated to right after you were honorably discharged. So as long as you get the same result you won't lose out on anything other than waiting. All claims through the VA within 1 year of getting out are backdated to the day after you separated service.

So sorry you were told that. If you are not medically retired or separated then all of your IDES VA claims don't count. So if you were indeed admin separated then it was all for not. There is no way to undo it. That's the bad news.

The good news is that you can file all the claims again and go through the C&P's and once the VA finishes up with you (Hopefully 100% P&T like before) your compensation for VA disability will be backdated to right after you were honorably discharged. So as long as you get the same result you won't lose out on anything other than waiting. All claims through the VA within 1 year of getting out are backdated to the day after you separated service.
Thank you for breaking the bad news to me, I appreciate your time and input.

What is my best course of action for submitting a claim? Try and navigate it myself? Do I just reference all of my IDES paperwork and go off that? Should I get with a VSO (I contacted Wounded Warrior today and am on their wait list)

Thank you for breaking the bad news to me, I appreciate your time and input.

What is my best course of action for submitting a claim? Try and navigate it myself? Do I just reference all of my IDES paperwork and go off that? Should I get with a VSO (I contacted Wounded Warrior today and am on their wait list)
You can sign up at VA.gov if you haven't already and submit the claims all over again. You know what you did since you should still have the forms from the MSC that you filled out. The other option is to find a VSO that can meet with you ASAP to help you file. There are so many more than just Wounded Warrior for VSO's. In fact there are too many to mention. Just google it to find some to call. With the internet now there isn't very much of a barrier to doing it yourself on VA.gov.