iPERMS

DragonFly757

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
How can I get access to documents in iPERMS? I was reading an internal email about someone accessing iPERMS to review my husband's military records. I want to get copies of anything that I don't currently have on file.

Any suggestions?

Unfortunately as off about 60 days ago, IPERMS now requires a CAC (Common Access Card) to log on. You used to be able to get to it via AKO and following the link. I updated a lot of my personnel file in the last year, the Army seemed to be missing quite a few of my documents (DD-214s, etc.). But about 60 days ago I tried logging into IPERMS and it stated AKO password authentication is now disabled. CAC Login required. I have not been able to get into IPERMS since. I think it is a way to keep the access restricted to Active Duty or Reserve with a CAC card. As you know retiree's and separatee's don't get CAC cards. I thought it was great that I could scan and update my seriously deficient Active service record, but obviously the Army does not agree. Arggghhh!

NOTE: It has to be the CAC card of the member whose IPERM records you want to see. I don't believe you can access your IPERM records with someone elses CAC card.

I also want to know "How can I get access to documents in iPERMS?"
any one know about this please reply to this thread

Dear Andrewphill:

I had to get a CAC card reader from my unit and had to sign for it, which means I have to eventually return it, or pay for it later if i don't.

This allowed me to gain access to the full AKO website from my home PC.

I understand you can purchase a CAC card reader from some of the major retail electronic stores, too.

Anyway, once you have the CAC card reader, you need to get your computer to recognize the CAC reader as new hardware, and then after that, go to AKO and set up your reader so that AKO can recognize your CAC reader.

I am not very computer savvy, so it took me a few hours to figure out how to get my CAC to "marry up" and work with AKO, but I finally did it - though I can't tell you how I did it.

I do remember having to call the AKO tech hotline to finally get it up and running.

Hopefully, someone on this site knows a better way to get you up and running than what I had to do to get it running.

But, I can now go to AKO on my home computer and use all the rest of the sites that are linked to AKO - like iPerms.

I do not leave my CAC card reader plugged into my home PC. I know I sound paranoid ("Big Brother"), but I only plug in my CAC when I need to access the AKO website with it - then, when I am done with the AKO website, I unplug my CAC (remove hardware) when done.

v/r,

nwlivewire