JAG Lawyer vs Civilian Lawyer

Xavier123

Registered Member
Good Morning,

I just received my Formal board notification this morning, and I am debating whether to hire a lawyer or utilize the free JAG lawyer. I am looking to add one of my fit conditions to the unfit condition list during this process. I also will be requesting a VARR due to the VA rating my shoulder and not my MEB referred muscle injury. Can anyone provide contact information for Civilian Lawyers for me, please?

I might add you do not need a lawyer to file for a VARR. Talk to your PEBLO about filing a VARR.

You may need a lawyer to get a condition ruled as fit changed to unfit. Check your service guidance on fit and unfit conditions in the resources section of this website.

I might add you do not need a lawyer to file for a VARR. Talk to your PEBLO about filing a VARR.

You may need a lawyer to get a condition ruled as fit changed to unfit. Check your service guidance on fit and unfit conditions in the resources section of this website.
I understand that I do not need a lawyer for the VARR, but I feel that the VA used the incorrect code to rate my unfit condition, I was sent to the MEB for a ruptured PEC Major and was rated under a shoulder injury and ROM instead of the dominant arm moderately severe rating. The fact I only get one VARR is also why I want to be prepped prior to submitting the request. Thank you in advance as well.

Chatting with a lawyer is a great idea. Jason Perry is great, albeit busy. Give him a call.

I took it that the Original Poster was asking the VA to rate his contention, which was not rated.