just received my summary

ejallbaugh

PEB Forum Regular Member
I have been in the Army for the last 17+ years as an EOD tech. In those years I have been around over 600 explosions. From 2 deployments to OIF and numerous other deployments around the world I have a lot of orthopedic type injuries, PTSD, and have sustained a TBI which I have issues from and even a MRI showing damage to my brains left frontal lobe.

My med board was started back in march 08 and I just got the DA 3947 on Friday.. It has been interesting since I am stationed in Michigan and the MEB is in Ft. Knox Ky with the PEB eventually taking place at Ft Lewis WA. They have found me unfit for five things; Lumbar back pain with DDD L4-S1 and HNP L4-5, right wrist pain with numbness to all fingers, right ankle rsd after 4 surgeries, migraines, and there are 4 other things that meet retention standards.

I have only seen a civilian neurologist for the TBI issues. The Neurologist’s report has been added to the narrative. Shouldn’t the TBI be listed on the 3947 and not just migraines? Yes I have terrible head aches all the time which are truly difficult to live with when just opening your eyes hurt. Just in need of some advice.

Ed

I too had a MEB at FT Knox and I have migraines. The didn't list the migraines in the NARSUM until I wrote my rebuttal, then they gave in.

The PEB listed TBI instead of the migraines, the PEB made that leap from migraines to residuals of TBI.

and, from the MEB at Ft Knox, did you ask for your INDEPENDANT MEDICAL REVIEW? It is your right to have it, denial of it MAY be an appeal issue.
If you do ask do it in writing.

Ft Knox as of 3 weeks ago had no system in place for the review except for the DCCS to "work it out" with you. That being said I got a good MEB, with a good rating from the IPEB.

Good Luck
Stu

You are the first person that I have heard about an independent medical review from. What exactly is it for? Should you have one no matter what? The MEB from Ft. Knox is real good for me except the TBI stuff. I also had neurophysiology testing and they mention some TBI issues but fell short of actually saying that it was a tbi. That info is also in the narrative. If the peb decides an individual has it do they make that determination on the board and rate?

Ed