LA AFB Timeline (DCMA San Diego location)

AFLady4

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Quick explanation of title...I'm in a 3 yr tour in a DoD civilian org located in San Diego. The closest base is LA AFB which is doing my MedBoard recommendation.

27 Feb 2017: MedBoard Package submitted to AFPC/IRILO. (PEBLO guestimates decision turn around is 1wk)

Good luck!

get used to it. patience is a must-have. mine started in june of 2016 and was finished in feb 2017

get used to it. patience is a must-have. mine started in june of 2016 and was finished in feb 2017
Here we go. Just got the decision back for a full MEB...time to start practicing my patience! : )

Update: Completed my last C&P on 1 May. Just heard back from my PEBLO that they received the exam results 5 June. Now I'm waiting for the doc to write up my NARSUM before I head up to LA AFB to sign my package for the IPEB.

Update: Completed my last C&P on 1 May. Just heard back from my PEBLO that they received the exam results 5 June. Now I'm waiting for the doc to write up my NARSUM before I head up to LA AFB to sign my package for the IPEB.
Our timelines are very close. I signed my package and it was sent to the IPEB today. Good luck for a speedy process! My timeline is in my signature.

Our timelines are very close. I signed my package and it was sent to the IPEB today. Good luck for a speedy process! My timeline is in my signature.
I'm going to keep a close watch on your timeline! How many conditions were you sent up for? I only have one. I just got my package for review last Friday (16 June). I'm going to request an impartial review b/c the NARSUM didn't accurately reflect the timeline of events so that may push my timeline a little to the right from yours. Good luck for a speedy process on yours, too!

I'm going to keep a close watch on your timeline! How many conditions were you sent up for? I only have one. I just got my package for review last Friday (16 June). I'm going to request an impartial review b/c the NARSUM didn't accurately reflect the timeline of events so that may push my timeline a little to the right from yours. Good luck for a speedy process on yours, too!
Hi there! I had one referred condition, and then 14 claimed. I thought the 14 was a crazy high number until I started following this forum. Haha! I didn't request an impartial review for a couple reasons, first, it looked pretty close to accurate for at least the referred condition. Second, my mother passed away the day I had to sign and I didn't want any more delays, least of all ones that are brought on because of me rather than the process. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me in the butt.

Hi there! I had one referred condition, and then 14 claimed. I thought the 14 was a crazy high number until I started following this forum. Haha! I didn't request an impartial review for a couple reasons, first, it looked pretty close to accurate for at least the referred condition. Second, my mother passed away the day I had to sign and I didn't want any more delays, least of all ones that are brought on because of me rather than the process. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me in the butt.
Sorry to hear about your mom! As if the MEB process isn't stressful enough. I only have one condition being submitted, but I claimed 22. That's good that they got the NARSUM correct. Mine is missing a few dates, but regardless, we both still have the ability for a rebuttal after the IPEB part. I'd like to get mine over with, but I also want them to submit a package with the correct information.

Sorry to hear about your mom! As if the MEB process isn't stressful enough. I only have one condition being submitted, but I claimed 22. That's good that they got the NARSUM correct. Mine is missing a few dates, but regardless, we both still have the ability for a rebuttal after the IPEB part. I'd like to get mine over with, but I also want them to submit a package with the correct information.
Fingers crossed for both of us!

Update: After requesting an Impartial review which is only supposed to take 5 days (it says so on the paper I signed) I finally signed the Impartial review paperwork a month later on 27 July. Looking at other timelines it should have only taken at most a week for AFPC to receive the package. I emailed my PEBLO and the package hasn't even been sent. They are waiting for some date to be updated by the VA. So, here we are 2 weeks later, and still the package has not been sent to AFPC (that I know of). I'm not really complaining, but this may be a good example for others that the process does not follow a strict timeline.

I think my gut will sink once the package actually hits AFPC's hands, and the nerves will be fully heightened until I know what they decide. In the meanwhile, I'm prepping for my promotion board. Oh, the cruel irony of life! :) Either, I'm kicked out of the AF at the end of the year or I receive a promotion. Thought I know these are not the only 2 possibilities, I have to laugh a little at my predicament!

Will post when I finally receive that lovely AFPC email notifying me they now possess the package of paper that will determine my fate.

No email from AFPC yet, but just checked eBenefits and the status has changed to Pending Decision Approval.

So, question...I looked at other timelines and Pending Decision Approval usually means AFPC has already reviewed the package and it's now sitting at VA for ratings...is that right? I never received an email stating AFPC had my package.

This is a great question. My ebenefits page actually said pending decision approval before the IPEB even got my package... Anyone know?

Ebenefits is a good general guideline to go by, but it is way off the mark in some cases. Sometimes it tracks with the exact process, but in some cases it gets stalled and jumps steps over the course of a day.

Ebenefits is a good general guideline to go by, but it is way off the mark in some cases. Sometimes it tracks with the exact process, but in some cases it gets stalled and jumps steps over the course of a day.
Thanks.

Received a response from my PEBLO today. My package is still sitting with her. She hasn't sent it...something about needing additional paperwork. Just goes to show if you don't stay involved in your case it will sit...know one cares more about your career than you do...and no one cares about your MEB more than you do. I'm ok with the process taking time b/c I'm trying to make my promotion board, but I know for others it's extremely frustrating.

Just got my AFPC notification email that they have my MEB package.

So, question...I looked at other timelines and Pending Decision Approval usually means AFPC has already reviewed the package and it's now sitting at VA for ratings...is that right? I never received an email stating AFPC had my package.

i got an email from afpc stating it was at AFPC for review, then i got an email stating that it went to DRAS for ratings... hope you get those emails soon!!!