Looking for clarification

mmmdonuts234

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey everyone,
So I have question about the informal PEB process. I would ask my PEBLO but she never really answers so I message her again and she admits to forgetting about me, or if she does answer right away I feel she is very short and indirect. So aside from my referral taking over 3 months from when I got my permanent profile the process has been moving along quickly for me. I assume it's because I only claimed one condition and the VA added an additional two. I am told this is a small amount. But now that I have gotten to the informal PEB stage it has came to a hault. I asked my PEBLO where things were at and she told me they don't get notified when the PEB makes the unfit decision only when they make a fit one or the VA comes back with it's ratings. Any ways later on when she remember to check the system I got this back as a reply.

"Oh! I am sorry. I forgot to check after it was down.

The PEB is still working on your case. It is currently in the process of being voted on. It looks like it will be sent to the VA for a rating if the vote concurs with the first adjudicator."

I have no idea how to interpret this. I didn't realize the PEB voted on things over a period of time I thought it was more like an open discussion, why would this take so long? Also who is this first adjudicator and does that mean they voted for an unfit determination? Also has any one noticed a correlation between number of conditions claimed and speed of determinations? One last question, at what point in this process do SM's get notified of their new ETS date?

Thank so much in advance everyone!

One way to find out if you've been found unfit is if the PEB sends your package to the VA to get ratings. From what I've read, my interpretation is that a "fit" finding makes its way back to you very fast (days). Perhaps someone with experience in this can chime in.

So, at least from my understanding it looks as if the first person to look over your package voted unfit. I was under the same impression as you, in that I thought the board sat down with all of the voters, and then voted all at the same time. But from what I've now read I think it's more like one person reads it, and then forwards it on and so on and so forth, which might explain why it takes so long.

I'm wondering if to be found unfit you need a unanimous vote? and if it isn't unanimous then they sit down and talk it out? This is all just speculation on my part, but I hope you get an answer soon!

I am also in the same situation as you. My packet spent 9 days at the Informal PEB and is currently in the VA Ratings step.
If it is at the VA rating step, does that mean that the PEB found me unfit?