MARCH 4, 2012 FT. LEWIS FORENSIC PSYCH RESIGNATIONS!!!!! ARMY INVESTIGATES???

I signed narsum in Nov. 22nd 2011 Lewis recieved it 23rd,...its Mar. 22 2012,....120 days later!! I called the # grizz posted,...the guy told me to call my peblo.... who has told me she'll call me when she hears something...huh whatever! Im going back to sleep until phone rings........

Dear One and All:

I have physically entered the "fusion cell" office - I went unannounced and without warning.

The Enlisted Soldiers I found doing the clerical work are professional and caring. They want to do right!

I have an appointment with a shrink this WEEK-END! Yes, while Madigan operates on a Monday-Friday schedule, the fusion cell does not.

I will report more after this appt. is completed.

BTW, I was sent up here by my command on "verbal" orders (NOT sent up here on TDY orders or any other orders) in order to disability retirement process.

I was told this would be a three day to five day process AT THE MOST.

When I leave here, I will have been up here 22 days!

No orders, but drove my car up here. And NOT on orders of any kind!

I'm pissed as hell about this!

My Command is gonna get an scathing AAR about this as they are screwing Wounded Warriors left and right over how they are running their CB-WTU-CA system down there in California. Their Soldiers are located in a four-state region. Sending these Wounded Warriors up by plane for 3-5 days is nothing short of denying our most vulnerable SMs information and briefings on their full sprctrum of benefits they need in order to successfully adapt to their transitional environments.

IMHO, this Command is nickle and diming our most vulnerable Soldiers from benefits that these SMs need the most!

For shame!

v/r,
nwlivewire

Dear One and All:

I have physically entered the "fusion cell" office - I went unannounced and without warning.

The Enlisted Soldiers I found doing the clerical work are professional and caring. They want to do right!

I have an appointment with a shrink this WEEK-END! Yes, while Madigan operates on a Monday-Friday schedule, the fusion cell does not.

I will report more after this appt. is completed.

BTW, I was sent up here by my command on "verbal" orders (NOT sent up here on TDY orders or any other orders) in order to disability retirement process.

I was told this would be a three day to five day process AT THE MOST.

When I leave here, I will have been up here 22 days!

No orders, but drove my car up here. And NOT on orders of any kind!

I'm pissed as hell about this!

My Command is gonna get an scathing AAR about this as they are screwing Wounded Warriors left and right over how they are running their CB-WTU-CA system down there in California. Their Soldiers are located in a four-state region. Sending these Wounded Warriors up by plane for 3-5 days is nothing short of denying our most vulnerable SMs information and briefings on their full sprctrum of benefits they need in order to successfully adapt to their transitional environments.

IMHO, this Command is nickle and diming our most vulnerable Soldiers from benefits that these SMs need the most!

For shame!

v/r,
nwlivewire

I received a letter from Ft. Lewis last week saying my case was one of 300 they would like to re-evaluate. Of cource, I sent the request for re-evaluation back to Ft. Lewis the next day.

nwlivewire, I am really interested in hearing more about what they say to you.

Copy of letter is attached.

I was diagnosed with PTSD in 2006, MEB/PEB Summer 2008 and then discharged in 2009 w/ severance. VA rated for PTSD day after discharge. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Attachments

• Ft. Lewis - Madigan Letter For PTSD Re-Review.pdf
    510.3 KB · Views: 10
Sweet heres some more data, the Fort Lewis PEB is now on (the first week of feb) cases.

Sweet heres some more data, the Fort Lewis PEB is now on (the first week of feb) cases.

I received a letter from Ft. Lewis last week saying my case was one of 300 they would like to re-evaluate. Of cource, I sent the request for re-evaluation back to Ft. Lewis the next day.

nwlivewire, I am really interested in hearing more about what they say to you.

Copy of letter is attached.

I was diagnosed with PTSD in 2006, MEB/PEB Summer 2008 and then discharged in 2009 w/ severance. VA rated for PTSD day after discharge. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I, too, was diagnosed with PTSD by a civilian shrink - and then the VA diagnosed me with PTSD (both happened in 2009). At that point in 2009, I had gone undiagnosed for two years - knowing I was messed up, but no one in the Army was willing to call it what it really was.

In Summer 2010, I completed treatment in an outpatient VA program in a giant VA Hospital - 12 weeks. And I had to fight the Army Tooth and Toenail to get this therapy!

In late Summer 2010, I was awarded SSDI for both physical and MH issues - all issues presented to SSDI were ONLY issues that had developed during my last Army deployment in 2006-2007.

So three diagnosises by three different entities - civilian shrink, VA, and SSDI. The Army still has their head in the sand!

In late 2010, and during the ARMY/VA IDES exam process, a completely different QTC/VA shrink diagnosed me with PTSD/MDD/GAD.
But ARMY Madigan Forensic examiner diagnosed me with " Adjustment Disorder" - fit for duty.

Currently, the Army has no MH rating on my 199, but the VA rates me at 70% for just ONE MH issue, and I'm projected to get 100% P&T for everything.

And the Army gives me nothing for MH issues???

Go figure. Three of four agencies/and ALL personnel have me diagnosed for MH issues EXCEPT the Army.

FUSION CELL

OH. I was also notified by certified letter - return receipt request by the Army "Fusion Cell".
BUT, I never got it. Didn't even know I had been sent letter until I walked into the fusion cell unannounced today. The Army Clerks (Enlisted) showed me their computer screen with my name and address on it and it also showed I had been mailed a certified notice.

BUT THE ARMY SENT IT TO AN ADDRESS CLEAR ACROSS THE UNITED STATES TO AN ADDRESS I HAVE NEVER USED - NEVER HEARD OF - OR IN A STATE I HAVE NEVER LIVED IN OR HAD BEEN BORN IN!!!

This is WHY it is so important to send the phone numbers out on the fusion cell to as many Soldiers (past and present since 2007) as is possible. How many times is the Army going to send out notifications to eligible Madigan Soldiers (past and present since 2007) to FALSE/UNKNOWN/ERRONEOUS ADDRESSES? And then claim,"Well, we (The Army) did our job. We sent notices. But the Soldier never signed for it or it was returned to us - person/address unknown."

Seriously. The Army sent me a registered/certified letter to an address in a city and state I have never listed on ANY document I have ever had to fill out for ANY reason with the Army - EVER - throughout my entire career of years. An address in Illinois - a state I have never lived in, was never born in, to a city I have never heard of! I live in Oregon, a state located in the Pacific Northwest, and have lived in this state for the past 20 of 25 years!!! How did they come up with a 2,500 mile mistake?

So we will see what happens on Saturday.

Will keep you posted on my observations.

v/r,
nwlivewire

Update for me, I went in to my appointment with the fusion cell on Friday, the doc asked me a bunch of questions (basically another psych eval) and they gave me another appointment in a few days after their review of my case and medical history. They will let me know of the findings were in my favor on the NARSUM or change my diagnosis... Hate waiting on other people to decide my fate...

Talked with a higher up on the subject of all the cases for PEB/MEB and how things are going, they said they can now review the people on MEB status too. Also, they are processesing 20-60 cases a week. The office operates Monday-Saturday and there are a whole mess of people in there that are working on this and they are all really nice and helpful!

Update for me, I went in to my appointment with the fusion cell on Friday, the doc asked me a bunch of questions (basically another psych eval) and they gave me another appointment in a few days after their review of my case and medical history. They will let me know of the findings were in my favor on the NARSUM or change my diagnosis... Hate waiting on other people to decide my fate...

Talked with a higher up on the subject of all the cases for PEB/MEB and how things are going, they said they can now review the people on MEB status too. Also, they are processesing 20-60 cases a week. The office operates Monday-Saturday and there are a whole mess of people in there that are working on this and they are all really nice and helpful!

ANY UPDATES on those that were released from service and brought back for re-eval?

If you are one of those, call the VA hotline and ensure they have the right accress for you!

If you are one of those, call the VA hotline and ensure they have the right accress for you!

Got my letter from Ft. Lewis and all.....I am just curious to hear results.....I would like to know if anyone who has been discharged, then recalled because of this, and had a new decision rendered at Ft. Lewis. If so, did it stay the same or did Ft. Lewis change it?

I went to my re-eval on Saturday. The Enlisted in the office (two males) were polite and nice and dressed in civilian clothes (It was a Saturday, so they said they could wear "civies" on a Saturday). As I wrote before, the Army originally said I do not have ANY MH issues and I have a "1" in the "S" colomn (psychiatric) on my profile from the MEB paperwork.

The Fusion Cell shrink I saw was dressed in ACUs. I offered him copies of updates to my military medical records (civilian records), but he said he had spent hours reviewing my Army medical records and said he didn't need them. So the Army STILL doesn't have all my civilian treatment records - to include a civilian MMPI taken 21 days before I took an Army MMPI.

The Army shrink said I do not have PTSD and he believes the VA made a mistake by awarding me PTSD. It is his opinion, however, that he believes I suffer from MDD - Moderate - single episode.

He also determined during this interview process (which took 3 1/2 hours), that I was not fit for re-deployment as he thought I would decompress and may have issues being in a military environment.

I am to return on Tuesday afternoon for his final, formal assessment. He will go over his results with me VERBALLY. I am NOT to receive a hard copy of his assessment at this time!

I wonder how to ever get ahold of his assessment in writing - a copy of it?

I wonder if this Army MH diagnosis will impact my Army disability % rating of 70% PDRL (70% based on all physical issues) and place me on TDRL?.

The Enlisted guys in the office did mention that several SMs who are already at 70% are refusing to come in because they think the MH re-evaluation won't have any impact on them anyway.

I sure wish I knew the answers to my above questions. I am already on terminal leave, have a copy of my DD-214 and have already out-processed at Waller Hall.

v/r,
nwlivewire

NWlivewire- because you are PDRL i do not think they can effect that in a negative fashion. It is Permenant. i wish you luck.

Well, I got a phone call yesterday telling me that the Fusion Cell doctor that is reviewing my case needed to cancel my appointment and reschedule so they can study my case more... Upsetting in two ways, 1: I have to wait another week and 2: biting my nails wondering why they need more time to review... I just want to get out of the Army, I could barely walk today because I'm in so much pain... who wants an NCO to lead them that can barely walk? (Not my guys, thats for sure) I am going on 10 months on this new MEB process and of the 10 that started the same day 9 are out already (last one got out a month ago) of that, 2 were in my battalion... Guess who is still here?!?!? (stabs self in face with a rubber spoon) I should not have made the PTSD claim back when I started... Such a shame...

Hi i was put on TDRL 2007. i to got this letter but trying to figure out what to do since i don't know what the hell these people are and if its for me or against me could anyone help? should i send this back and go or should i not go what would help me i got rated 10% PTSD by the doctor who resigned but at first it was anxiety disorder but i got my NCO to write me a letter that sated all the events we went threw and she had no choice but to change it? is it good to go or not good? can anyone give me advise to help me understand what the hell is going on with this mess?

I made it to my appointment today at the Fusion Cell, they denied my PTSD claim... I am in no way upset or confused on the couseling session on their findings and totally agree with them for the most part. On the other hand I'm upset that the mental health personnel in the past told me I had PTSD, but they never put it in the notes they diagnosed me with it. The VA found I had symptoms of it, so they gave it to me, fail on the VA for not reviewing/or getting my medical records. That needs to be fixed in a big way!

They ended up giving me Anxiety Disorder and Major Depressive Disorder and both will be failing claims on their findings for the PEB. In the wording they say that I will have to restart meds again, (since I haven't been able to get into Madigan Behavioral Health to get them for 2 years) and I will have to take the meds for the rest of my life to be "stable without suicidal tendencies." They will be giving me another P3 on my PULHES for the S. So I will have a 113113. Ofcourse, they say I will be undeployable, but yet I already am LOL! They also had even put to keep weapons out of my hands, but I swayed the doc to remove that since I like to hunt and never thought or planned to ever use a gun on another person, I'm an angry person, not the murderous type....

I am unsure if they are going to give me PDRL even though the Fusion Cell put that I need meds for the rest of my life to stablize... I will start taking the meds again starting next week again.

Jason do you have an opinion of how this would work?

Well, I had my final Fusion Cell appointment a few weeks ago, they denied my claim but gave me 2 others instead... They said I failed to meet the requirements on one of their tests for PTSD, they said I was borderline-ish, but being I failed that one test, they denied it. It actually works out in my favor though since I will be getting more on claims. I just found out Friday last week that they took my packet and sent it back to my PEBLOs office to have the NARSUM rewritten and it has to go through the whole signature process again, and to top it all off I went back to MEB status again because the NARSUM has to be written again... No one told me that this was going to happen and I'm a bit upset at the fact of the failure of communication again. So I have by my calculations another year until I'm getting out since the Army and VA can't ever get anything done on a timely manner. This IDES system is fail!!!! This looks to be my last post for a while since I'm pissed at the failures of the Madigan and I am of no concern to anyone in the system here at Ft. Lewis.

Because the PEB has not sent any guidance to the PEBLOs, the SM doen't have any guidance as to what this Fusion Cell Re-eval process will do, what effects it will have on the SMs case, or even what rights the SM has or does not have (appeals, etc.) because of this insertion of the Fusion Cell Re-eval process. This info was correct as of 10 days ago as per statements made from my PEBLO.

In my situation, I declined the Fusion Cell Re-eval. Why? Because I had already been discharged with 70% PDRL for physical injuries only - even though I knew at time of discharge that the Army had given me a non-compensable rating of Adjustment Disorder for MH. And although the Fusion Cell did finally come up with a different, but still incomplete and half-a$$ed MH diagnosis of MDD (VA rated with PTSD), I still turned it down. WHY? Because my PEBLO stated that the PEB was strongly leaning toward revoking ALL PDRL discharges that were/are scheduled, and turn them ALL into TDRL discharges IF the SM was Fusion Cell re-evaluated with ANY compensable MH diagnosis of ANY kind.

Again, I do not know if any of this is legal, but if this is the way the Army wants to diagnose and discharge or even categorize ALL MH issues - no matter how long the SM has been treated for MH issues(s), and place the SM on TDRL - and/or revoke PDRL on them - and the PEB has no guidance - and the SM has no say so or has no legal guidance on this - then this is still Army wrong!

For me, the add-on of a MH diagnosis would not have been worth it to me - given this current set of circumstances from the PEB/Army, my current 70% PDRL rating from the Army, the possible revocation of my PDRL rating from the Army to TDRL due to the add-on of any compensable Army MH rating, and my current VA physical/MH rating.

Frankly, this whole thing by the Army with this Fusion Cell thing at Madigan seems like the Army wants to do right to fix this mess. But the current complications with the outcomes by the Fusion cell and how they could potentially effect the SMs is not legally adding up to me. But this is just based on my circumstances and other SMs may find this Fusion Cell re-eval may work out OK for them.

v/r,
nwlivewire

I forgot to update this since March, I had to resign my NARSUM which included all my paperwork from the Fusion Cell. I got a copy of it all. The only thing is my PEBLO pissed me off when they wrote my new profile they put "do not allow SM to carry loaded weapons or have access to weapons." When they Psychologist told them not to put it on there... Her reply was "I don't care what your or the doc says, you have a P3 on psych, I don't want you to have a weapon." In the short run, it makes things better for me I guess... No ranges for the rest of my career!

:eek: I am beyond floored like a monster pharrat! I had a Forensics Eval in Aug 2010 at Madigan and what do you know I got slapped with some bogus diagnosis. I say bogus because I am already rated 100% by the VA with MDD and PTSD. I also have an LOD that says I have both diagnosis.. Long story anyways I have dealing with this process way too long the CA Guard tried throwing me under the bus some how I grew some and filed an IG complaint and bam not even 30 days my paperwork made it to the RC. In late May 2012 I was assigned a PEBLO lucky me right!! Well my stuff is also being handled by WBAMC Fort Bliss. Anyways smelly as this is I have finished my C&P appointments. Today I received my NARSUM and a DA FORM 3947. The VA says I have MDD/PTSD but the Army says I do not have PTSD and my diagnosis is more of that being MDD single occurence and some other crap to go along. I am slapped with an AXIS II for Borderline Personality Disorder. Yet thats not what I am being treated for and is not what the VA says. What next ??? This NARSUM I received today contradicts its results I also have other conditions that I am diagnosed by from the VA and the Army says no thats not whats wrong with her. WTF is all I got too say!! It gets better check this out I have a 10% rating for Asthma and I was rated by the VA. The Army says no thats not her problem but yet the VA is treating me medically for Asthma. I need some help can someone help me or possibly tell me where I can get some assistance.

:( Irritated as heck