Marine Timeline

Josh

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
History: 15+ years in the Marine Corps. Injuries: Intervertebral Disc Degeneration, Lumbar Facet Syndrome, Bulging Disc L4-5, L5-S1, Arthritis in Back.

September 14, 2011 – Sent to MEB
October 26, 2011 – VA Appointment
January 18, 2012 – Found Fit
January 27, 2012 – Requested Formal Board
-Found Unfit without going to board-
February 17, 2012 – Documents sent to VA
February 23 2012 - Documents Received by VA
May 29, 2012 – eBenefits status changed to Pending Decision Approval. VA report sent to PEB

At this time I am still waiting to hear back from the PEB.

Your a week and a half ahead of me where are you stationed? I'm on Pendleton I haven't had a great expirence with my peblo's.

I am at RS Sacramento. My PEBLOs are down there and they are horrible. There was a Marine MSgt, but he PCS. He was good, but now there is no Marine Rep.

Go figure, hope there is a Navy rep they have the same process as us for the most part. According to the VA 800 reps my proposed ratings were Emailed to the military service coordinator on 10 Jun. hope I hear back soon I need to move on already.

I hear that. Mine was sent on 29 May. They told me it would take a week, then 2 weeks, now thier saying a month.

Geez, everyone is different when I went to the VAAP class this guy got his findings. His had been sent to the PEB 37 days before that. Hopefully they got your on top of the stack and mine right underneath your.

You want to talk about a kick in the balls. DOD 10% / VA 10%. I had 13 factors the VA was looking at and only one popped up on my rating.

Damn Gy, what the hell are you going to appel? You have given me hope that I will be done soon, but at the same time I'm scared I will have to appeal. I start school at the end of August so I can't afford to stick around much longer. If you want to speak to a Marine PEBLO let me know and I'll give you the number for mine.

I am in the same boat as you. I am scheduled to start classes in August. I had my counseling today and there were so many discrepancies that they sent it back up to the board. So, I guess I am back to waiting.

Same boat here..registered for classes...requested a formal board and reconsideration..

Damn, did your MOL ever get a message saying " your MEB case has been accepted by the PEB" I just noticed today that I got that on the 10th which happens to be the day the VA sent my ratings to the PEB. Hope we all get done with this process soon I just registered for my classes today, it makes it seem more real that my time in this organization is almost over.

I got that notice on June 6th. You are almost done. Hopefully your turns out better than my. Good Luck.

Gents,

Roughly same boat here. Tough to find Marine specific timelines on here. I'm out at 29 Palms and have been going through this process for a total of 8 months thus far. Mine also had the MOL status as of the 6th of last month. Just wanna get the hell out and start on the next chapter. This process has to be one of the most broken and understaffed in the DOD. Communication between all the departments is almost non-existant. In any case, hope everything goes fast for both of you. Its just a sickening feeling knowing that all of our packages are somewhere in a stack waiting to be worked on.